Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wonder Through Healthy Eyes

My husband has been doing something lately that I love, and I think he is unaware of it.

His health is renewing, his strength is returning, and his personality is slowly blossoming back.  

While all this happens, sweet Ryan Decker is in awe of the world.  Did you even know that husband?

He constantly exclaims gratefulness, excitement, or sheer joy at the simplest of things happening to him.  It is so beautiful and always gives me a good laugh.

"This chicken soup is AMAZING!  It tastes so fantastic."
(it was from a can)

"Wow these gloves are keeping my fingers so warm! I can't believe how comfy my hands are."

"I don't know what it is but this Chicken Parmesan is hitting the spot!  YUM!"

"I just love being home.  Isn't out house the best place??"

"This truck drives so well.  It's just a smooth ride!"

"I blasted worship music this morning while I got ready.  I just did air guitar in the living room!"

Don't you love that??  I am learning so much from my husband right now.  How he sees his world with grateful perspective.  Especially given his last 10 months and the hell he's been through, I love his untarnished view and lack of cynicism.

   The way he gives thanks for the tiniest of details and most insignificant of blessings.  He has PRAISED God for seasoning on chicken, the beat of music blaring, for comfort of warm gloves.

I want a faith like Ryan's.  A heart of praise like his.  Because he praises God in the hard AND the good.  He recognizes His God when he's suffering and when he's thriving.  It's like his eyes have been open to a whole new world, after so many months of being blind and feeling forgotten.

How are you praising this week?  Are you seeing the world and your life through eyes of unrelenting praise?  Ones of utter gratefulness?  Where nothing seems to fit better than to shout THANK YOU!

Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.”
Luke 18:17 

 

4 comments:

  1. LOL, yep, that sounds like Ryan! I feel inspired now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I cannot express the happiness this brings to my heart! I sure love my big brother! I am so grateful so his restoring health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Us too-it's a major gift. We are grateful!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...