Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Best of 2012

I ran across this wonderful survey over here (a favorite) and thought you might enjoy filling one out yourself!  It's a sweet way to process and unpack 2012 but most importantly thank the Lord.   

Ryan and I processed a version of these questions during NYE dinner but to be honest it was difficult to think of a lot of bright shiny moments.  I think many of ours were small, seemingly insignificant blessings but extravagant nonetheless.

  Despite the challenges of 2012, there were many "bests" and we are never in want. The Lord is faithful.

Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant.
Ephesians 5:2

The Best of 2012

The best recipe you couldn’t not make again?

Just ask these two...they ate half of the pot pie on their own.

The best book you couldn’t put down?
Mark of the Lion trilogy by Francine Rivers.  I stayed up late and forfeited a clean house to read this series.  That's saying something!
Also:  7 by Jen Hatmaker, One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp,  Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs, and Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

The best song that you just couldn’t get out of your head?
Oh forgive me dear readers for this confession...just click here.  I can't even type it out from embarrassment.  But admit it!  It IS catchy!

The jeans that fit best? (It’s paramount never to wear pants that hurt…)
Turquoise Levi's on sale! 

 

The tool/gizmo/idea that worked best? (It’s true: One good idea in hand is worth two good friends knowing about it too!)
This, using frozen butter sticks to grease pans, this, and composting to cut down waste.

The risk that returned best? (It’s why angels always say it first: “Do not be afraid.” You never start living until you stop fearing.)
When we took a leap of faith to allow our surgeon to perform a life altering surgery on Ryan.  His ileostomy has given us back life and quite probably saved Ryan's.  Truly stunning.

The best link of 2102? 
"Earth's At Its Most Beautiful".  God is cool and creative.


The best laugh? 

The best living?
 What better way of living than enjoying Daily Bread?  I am crazy for this free online Judges Bible Study by one of my favorite women ever.

The best thing you didn’t want to do — but you did anyway? (Happiness comes to them who pursue hard things.)
 This question is hard difficult because I wanted to do this but it was still hard.  Leaving my job and ministry to go back to school.  Nursing here I come!

What was the best habit?
Waking up early, quiet time, and 20 minute yoga.

The best holiday? 
Christmas-no competition.  A divine birthday, time with family, and sweet celebrations.

This is how all good Christmases end.

The best gift?
The gift of an educated, invested, skilled surgeon.  Next to the Lord, this guy should be credited with Ryan's restoring health and very life.

The best sacrifice? (The best way to have more is to give more…)
Giving away more yearly (try giving away 1% more each year than you already are-it's a trip!) and purging our house of items to those who need it more.  But the real best sacrifice?  Simply, this.

Happy New Year!  We dig you already 2013!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun list of the best of 2012! And I clicked your song link and I'll admit it, that's the first time I've heard One Direction. I know, I know, I must live under a rock :) I just don't usually listen to pop and somehow this group hasn't been on my radar. And how amazing to read about your husband's surgery!

    Blessings,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel you do not even live under a rock! I only heard it on the radio a few times and now have it stuck in my head. I normally have my radio set to NPR so it must have just been my lucky day ha ha

      Glad you could read about his surgery-my man is a trooper. And so fun to have you here. I'm headed to your blog now for a visit :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...