Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Endless Gifts. Nearly 700!

My Journey to 1000 Gifts
610.  These bright orange berries in gray November

611.  The servant's heart of my husband
 

612.  A husband who makes me laugh and who bought me this gorgeous shirt as a surprise gift!

613.  The two men of my life.

614.  Olive wood nativity set we bought in Jerusalem

615.  A silly husband who wanders out in the morning with socks looking like this

616.  The soft glow of our Christmas tree

616.  Good friends and reunion breakfasts

617.  Reconciliation
618.  Transparency with friends and mentors for guidance
619.  Vulnerability in weakness
620.  Forgiveness
621.  The shutter click of my camera
622.  No tech night-a new Decker tradition
623.  Branches hung with dainty ornaments
624.  Obsession with the world's best ham sandwich
625.  Breakfast out to reconnect
626.  Warm socks layered in warm slippers
627.  Rejection of or culture's norm for holidays
628.  Cold wind through a jacket
629.  The coffee smell steaming me awake early in the morning
630.  Simplicity
631.  "Hawk eyes" as my husband calls them
632.  Free sides of hasbrowns when our ordered is mis-heard
633.  Grace that covers us when we miss out on church
634.  Our endless exclamations--"our house looks SO good!"      
635.  Eucharisteo
636.  Christ's irresistible grace especially compared to my despicable heart
637.  The ability to think silent thoughts
638.  A husband who values purity of mind and heart.  A true radical of this world!
639.  Last Tuesday of the month support group for ostomates!  Yes!
640.  Supply catalogs filled with what we need for Ryan's health
641.  Endless financial provision, we are never in want
642.  Thinking of a gift or two to bless someone we love
643.  Finding Christmas napkins hiding in a box
644.  Composting.  And finding Harpo sneaking the compost for a snack
645.  Thanksgiving leftovers
646.  Roaring fire and a slice of apple pie
647.  Acts of "normalcy"-breakfast, a walk, walking our favorite line of shops in Golden    
648.  In Jesus' crazy words...a desire to have faith like a prostitute.  What??  Check it.

Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you. For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.

Matthew 21:31
  

3 comments:

  1. Carly no joke our christmas trees look exactly alike in decorations. The gold ribbon bulbs. My word I was like is this my house? Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vee are you serious?? I want to see a pic! I have gold ribbons, red and gold bulbs, and tiny gold/white ornaments. Love it :) I bet your tree is so beautiful.

      Delete
    2. I am going to post a pic very soon...just put up all my Christmas decor last night. Oh how I love Christmas. Just such a cheery time yet very depressing for those who don't have families or good friends to share with!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...