Are you wondering what the benefits of a quadruple root canal might include? Here is the very limited list:
-being bed bound so I finished all our Christmas shopping online (impressive, yes?)
-napping and resting
-an early Christmas movie thanks to my husband
-tasting a variety of puddings and smoothies
...hmmmm, yup those are the only benefits. Literally, nothing else good can come of this.
On Monday I went to my dentist for a routine root canal. My tooth wasn't even hurting all that much so that particular procedure was easy. But as the week progressed things turned very ugly!
By Friday I was dying and experiencing these explosions of pain in my tooth. It turns out my dentist hadn't properly cleaned the root intially and the infection had spread to my nerves. OUCH!
It was so bad that I received a referral to an oral surgeon where he immediately performed a 3 hour long quadruple root canal. Let's just say I do not want to experience that anytime soon. Afterwards he prescribed me a cocktail of strong antibiotics, steroids, and narcotic for pain control.
The most ridiculous thing about all this neither Ryan or I can drive for awhile!! Ha! According to CO state law, driving under the influence of a narcotic is illegal. And since we are both on percocet for pain my mom is chauffeuring us around this weekend-what a blessing she is!
We're a hot mess here in the Decker household. Our last few weeks have included hospitals, oral surgeons, root canals, ileostomies, and who knows what's coming next! I would be down for a break anytime soon.
(psssst...did you hear that Lord? Just checking.)
On a happier note our house is getting painted tomorrow by some incredible people in our servant hearted community! Pictures to come. We are so very blessed by this since Ryan and I aren't in a state to paint. That's the body of Christ being lived out tangibly and as God calls us to! So neat.
Before pictures of the house. Picture it the white with black trim and a cheery red door!
Anyway, hope you have a more comfortable weekend than we are having here at our house :)
Matt & Katie doing prep work on the house for pain
For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith;
My Journey to 1000 Gifts
584. Skill and care for my teeth by the referred dentist
585. My mom always serving us so well
586. Morning sunrise peeking through the curtains
587. Pumpkin pie
588. Anticipating brining the turkey
589. Soft foods to bless sore teeth
590. Warm jacket
591. Ear warmers for early walks
592. Thick, intricate scarf from Israel
594. Memory card disc to hold captured moments
595. Scripture of thanksgiving and gratefulness
596. Getting to create a Christmas gift
598. The ugly-beautiful need for my floor to be vacuumed
599. That we own a vacuum
600. That we have floors
601. Processing community and roles we play
602. The ugly beautiful of what's to learn in a nursing home
603. A country where we have quick access to dental care
604. A draw to rely on the Spirit
605. That I'm not able
606. Watching the Grinch with Ryan
607. Preparing for Thanksgiving guests
608. A family to celebrate holidays with
609. Learning how to be grateful in all things-still not knowing how