Thursday, October 18, 2012

Strep.

If it's not Crohn's it's apparently strep.  Sigh.

Being on Remicade to keep Crohn's in remission is an AWESOME blessing!  However, that drug is an immunosuppressant which by just reading the word, it's obvious that it does in fact suppress his immune system.  Making him more susceptible to viruses, bacteria, and the normal yuck passed around.

And this time of year is not the most ideal time to be lacking in such a luxury as an immune system.

Somewhere Ryan has picked up a nasty case of strep-painful throat, red tonsils, green drainage, throat pus pockets, the works.  He's on an antibiotic (which we quadruple checked is safe with his Remicade) and we are praying for health!

Right now he is resting, overdosing on throat lozenges, and I think the tally so far is that I've received THREE text messages telling me to get my man a peanut butter shake!  There must be some mystical property in that delicious concoction I'm unaware of :)

Prayers please!  Kick this strep Ryan Decker!

Got to get his daily hit of Ricola honey herb throat lozenges

8 comments:

  1. Oh goodness. I'm not sure why but that picture of Ryan Decker cracks me up! Praying he gets well and you don't get sick sweet Carly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness. I'm not sure why but that picture of Ryan Decker cracks me up! Praying he gets well and you don't get sick sweet Carly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha it cracked me up too!! He looks like a druggie here. Ha!

      Delete
  3. Sucks man,,,,if its not one thing its always another! Plus this tim of year is the worst me and my youngest have been fighting an awful cold....ugghhh...I feel for Ryan. Atleast he has you to doctor him up! I am sure he is happy about that! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a bummer-sorry you two are sick also!! No fun!

      Delete
  4. If the antibiotics don't work, pick up some Ionic Silver at the health food store and nebulize it for him. It's perfectly safe to drink as well. I use to be on Remicade and that knocked out my strep throat in less than a day! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa Chris that is an excellent tip. Any thing else that you can share about Remicade? We are always looking for people who know what they are talking about!!

      Delete
  5. Blogged about you today! http://thimblefuloftime.blogspot.com/2012/10/over-past-year-as-i-have-explored-world.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...