Monday, September 10, 2012

$114,632

Our 9 day hospital bill came in today.  Any guesses on its INSANE amount?!?!  Brace yourselves... 

$114, 632.00

Dear Lord in heaven please keep my heart beating because I nearly died!  That bill is only the hospital stay.  Like just the rent, none of the extra bells and whistles.

Our statement.  It shall be framed for its sheer insanity.

We have had bills for surgical anesthesia, medicines, drugs, IV drug therapy, CT scans, MRI's, and more flowing in for the last 5 weeks.  Those totaled nearly $40,000 apart from the hospital stay bill and total a stack of paper about a mile high.

But do you know what we owed in all those thousands of dollars?  ZERO. Zilch.  Nada.  Not one single penny.  Thank you Lord.  It is only because of His great mercies that we are not foreclosing on our house or filing bankruptcy at this very moment.  His provision is more than enough.

May I step upon my soapbox for a moment?  Is there just something terribly jacked with our health care when you are staring at near $200,000 worth of medical bills from just a 9 day stay?!?!  Granted, Ryan was really sick and had several surgeries and lots of medical intervention but come on!  How is any normal joe supposed to recover from a financial blow like that if they didn't have stellar health insurance?!  It's hard for me to swallow this pill and I have new compassion for families facing medical bills and hardship.

But we are praising the Lord tonight for great blessing and such an enormous, wonderful surprise!

Also, since I am into pictures lately, here is a peek into our day:

Ryan playing Dominion per his usual pass time these days. This time minus the bathtub, darn!

My heart monitor!  So far all is well and no symptoms yet to report.  It's hooked to my ribs/chest in 3 places and I keep it on until later this week

Should I consider modeling heart monitors?  What a gig!

Two of our best friends, Ali and Daniel, came for brinner (breakfast for dinner).  We feasted on Cinnamon Baked French Toast. Make it as soon as humanly possible!

We literally inhaled it.  SO good, and this was before we all had thirds.

The Carters (expecting Baby Carter in January!)

The Deckers (expecting a Baby Decker no sooner than 2018)

Ryan & Daniel getting their game on while Ali and I craftedLook at my man STANDING!

They are very intense games.  Check out the goods.

Hope you're enjoying the week friends.  And if you can, hop on over to Reaching For Fringe to check out our blogging contributions to National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week (say that 5 times fast).  It's a worthy week and a cause so dear to our hearts.  See ya there!


15 comments:

  1. Girl you would be the most attractive heart monitor model there ever was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the sweetest compliment Angi Pratt ha ha It's pretty ridiculous looking. Slightly like I have a small bomb attached like a nerd with a belt clip. HA!

      Delete
  2. Girl you would be the most attractive heart monitor model there ever was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.my.word! That's INSANE!!!!!! Today I will thank God that I was born in Canada. We never see a hospital bill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Stacey how nice that would be!!! Yeah it pretty much rocked us but we are so grateful for the Lord's AMAZING provision :)

      Delete
  4. Praise God indeed!!!!!! What an awesome mighty God we serve!!!! I'm moved to tears by this and the fact that I totally missed the french toast and was as excited as you that he was STANDING and looking well. Wooohoooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicky you are so sweet!!! So glad to have you reading and celebrating with us.

      Delete
  5. I read expecting a baby...I nearly jumped for joy-just as my but lifted from the seat, i continued reading no sooner than 2018...lol I had to sit down!Haha Don't do that, got me all worked up...hehe! That french toast looked yummers...
    As for health care, in Canada its free, so to look at that bill nearly gave me a heart attack at the idea anyone would ever have to pay such a crazy amount!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vee the amount is INSANE!!! I think Canada might have it right with patients not seeing the heart-stopping bill, though I'm sure some things with taxes or something must be different than it is for us.

      AND when we DO have a baby you better believe that you will be one of our biggest supporters! Maybe I will need to come up to Canada to celebrate :)

      Delete
    2. Agreed....I will have to hold you to that...I came to denver once...lol (stop over in an airport) lol...hopefully one day we will get to collide worlds! Hehe! Till then...bloggin does a pretty good job!

      Delete
  6. 114,000 and you owe NOTHING?? The LORD has been at work!!!! Praise GOD!!!! WE went to the dentist for cleaning and without insurance it would have been 900 dollars. The health care system is ridiculously overpriced!! Canada is free? Well , I guess my husband and I will be making trips to Canada near the end of my future pregnancy to give birth.


    Jesus always pay the bills!!!! Thank you LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO true Kay!!! Maybe you two need to become citizens of Canada :) But I bet they pay more taxes than we do here in the USA to cover that luxury. Nothing is really "free" ya know? Thanks for celebrating with us!

      Delete
    2. LOL, yes come on over....thats one awesome thing about canada is the health care...some might complain that there are long waits in hopsitals and yada yada...but thats cause people go to emergency for stupid things, like runny noses. Lol if you really have an emergency, they take good care of you!

      Delete
    3. and your right....our taxes can be high depending how much you make :(

      Delete

  7. Oh, indeed nothing is Free. Higher taxes make sense also in London they have "free" health care but the cost of living there is high. I don't mind going to Canada in the Summer but the Winters (Oh No, I don't do snow or ice) .....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...