Friday, August 31, 2012

We Can't Get Enough Doctors!

Apparently The Deckers cannot get enough of the doctor's office.

It way MY turn yesterday to head in for a visit.  In the last few weeks and particularly the last few days I have been experiencing what seems to be issues with my heart: heart palpitations, achiness in my left armpit and middle chest, left shoulder blade discomfort, fluttering in my heart, and an overall pressure in the left chest area. 

The frequency and symptoms have become much more noticeable which is what sent me in although I have experienced this type of symptom (though rarely) long before this.  I can think of a time about a year ago where I though to myself, "I don't think I should be noticing my heart, but I do...".  And even though I had cut out my one cup of daily coffee all last week and I was still experiencing symptoms.

Onward to the doctor's I headed.  I was hooked up to an EKG machine with sticky monitors all over my legs, chest, and sides.  The results were normal!  However my doctor said that should still like for me to be trained in a Home Heart Monitor which stays hooked to me 24/7 for about 3 days.  I take it home and go about my normal life with it on.

Here is my "extremely educated and medically relevant" hypothesis: I think the last 5 months might be catching up with me and I would attribute the heart complaints to anxiety and stress.  Though admittedly, stress so severe that you begin to feel it in your heart is terrifying to me!!  But my doctor is not so convinced about the anxiety guess, especially because these symptoms have happened outside of the Crohn's epidemic, so we'll defer to her expertise and follow what she says.

So we PROMISE to keep you updated whether good news or bad comes.  My goals moving forward are to relax, avoid caffeine, and monitor all symptoms very closely.  I have to say though, if we jump from Crohn' to heart issues, I will be a little more than ticked off...

Enjoy the weekend friends and we'll post again soon!

6 comments:

  1. Stress can do very mean things to our bodies. I am glad you went to the doctor and anxious to hear what they find when you are hooked to the home heart monitor.
    Have a relaxing / fun / healthy / blissfully joyous weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stress is pretty intense and hoping it's only that if it has to be anything. Talk to you tonight mom!

      Delete
  2. My mom had that happen to her...results were normal, she thought it may be stress too, eventually it just went AWAY! I am sure its nothing to worry about! :D But its good to get off the caffeine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good i'm glad to hear about that! And glad your mama is healthy!

      Delete
  3. Glad the results were normal! Stress definitely messes with your body. Maybe you need some de-stressing time cuddling with your nephew...just saying :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo yes please Ryder! I will cuddle you the most! This coming week? I'll text you :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...