Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Remicade and Accidental Laxatives

We had Remicade Round #2 this morning/afternoon and it went perfectly.  The transfusion took about 2.5 hours this time which we are pleased with.  Shorter doctor's visits are always a welcome change!

We generally bring the iPad to appointments with us to pass the time, and today we enjoyed our new favorite show: NY Med.  It is a real life look into an ER at Weill-Cornell Hospital right in the heart of New York City.  No drama with the character's just a really intense and accurate look into various medical cases.  Of course as Remicade appointments require, we made a short visit to Chick-Fil-A to indulge in that deliciousness :)

Also, Ryan is up to 154 lbs at this point!  That is 6 lbs gained in the last 15 days which we are thrilled about.  He has been strapping 2 lb ankle weights on this legs when we take short walks around the block and doing light arm curls.  It's our goal to have healthy weight gain in both muscle and fat, not just all milkshake jiggle :)  Overall he still requires daily naps and is very slowly retraining to sit for long periods of time.  But progress is progress!

Finally, as the title of the blog suggests, one of us *ahem* accidentally took a laxative last night.  How is that possible you might ask?  Well it simply seems that I can never be problem free when it comes to these dang Remicade appointments.  Last time my ovaries got all kinds of angry and were trying to take over the world and this time my insides was very "active" to say the least...  

As I was making us tea last night I grabbed a box of peppermint for me and ginger for Ryan.  It was delicious!  Until I woke up this morning with major stomach cramping and thought I had food poisoning!  I don't know what inspired me, but I re-looked at the tea box and realized I took Peppermint- Smooth Move.  Curses!!  It kept me on my toes as we were trying to get out the door and at the doctor's appointment which was a real treat for all in the office.  I've certainly "moved smoother" you dang box.  But all is well now for you concerned individuals interested in my awoken bowels.  

Wow, I'm glad we had this talk.

Back to more relevant information...Ryan is super, super sleepy after his Remicade this time.  He just ate a big turkey, swiss, avocado sandwich and promptly went right to bed.  Praying that he keeps making progress and that this second round of drugs will just mobilize and strengthen him all the more!

P.S.  A shout out to my AMAZING mom who came to our house while we were at the doctor's today and cleaned our whole house top to bottom.  It is such a blessing to walk int he door to calm and clean. Thank you mama!

6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness smooth mover for real!!I can't even imagine! I have so say that it seems like Ryan is taking baby steps in the right direction. It has been an honor to follow this blog and watch Gods healing process manifest before my eyes! Rejoice in every small victory! Evidently it will lead to the ultimate victory! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that was very sweet of momma do do that for you guys! What a amazing blessing!

      Delete
    2. She is the nicest mom around! Thanks for joining us on this journey!

      Delete
  2. What would we ever do without our Mommies ? Praise the Lord for Mothers like ours. I never thought to add avocado in my sandwich but I had this salad with avocados and candied pecan in California and it was divine!! WE are always rooting for both you and Ryan!!! May this medicine and God's divine interaction makes him STRONGER every moment. As for the Peppermint- Smooths mishaps , one of my motto in life is "better out than stuck in". LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe excellent motto kay :) and yes try some sliced avocado on your sandwich: big sliced chunks or smeared thin to replace a condiment.

      Delete
  3. Your post is really good providing good information.. I liked it and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts.
    Pain Management Orange County

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...