Saturday, July 14, 2012

Ryan July Update

Things aren't looking too good around the Decker household.  And we are super bummed about this.

About a week ago (give or take a few days) Ryan suddenly began to experience A LOT of new old symptoms.  What I mean is that he had been on a very encouraging trend upward but suddenly many of the previous bad symptoms he had experienced earlier in his sickness were returning.  So they are new, but old.

Some of those symptoms include: burning and pain in his bum during poos and just pain in general is back.  Not our favorite at all.  Inability to stand or sit for long periods of time.  Fatigue meaning he can easily sleep 12+ hours a day and need every minute of it.  Decreased appetite.  My husband does not just skip a meal for fun so when he isn't eating it's not a good sign.  And those are the physical symptoms.  Declining health does a number on your heart, mind, and relationships too.  Sigh.

Basically we changed nothing and have done nothing to our knowledge that would re-invite these symptoms back.  We are so confused and so discouraged.  And feeling kind of hopeless lately.  I realize how dramatic that must sound but it's true...

I'm sure the Lord has some mega sweet plan with all of this but right now I just want answers.  I want health for my husband.  I want relief.  This journey has been 4 months = 16 weeks = 112 days...that is too much time for anyone to be sick.

Please pray.  Our resources are dwindling at the moment and we're just mustering joy and strength.  But it's kind of half hearted to be honest.  More updates to come...

My Journey to 1000 Gifts
491.  A life partner named Ryan Decker
492. Being inspired by his courage, bravery, and leadership
493. Meals, meals, and love galore to support us
494. The Lord providing houses for so many friends-what provision!
495. Holy Spirit's strength to cook-seriously a big deal these days
496. Baby Decker #2 coming sometime this month!
497. Brave
498. Reading Harry Potter together every night
26...and [the woman] was no better but rather grew worse. 27 She had heard the reports about Jesus and came up behind him in the crowd and touched his garment. 28 For she said, “If I touch even his garments, I will be made well.” 

Mark 5:26-28

I'm so glad you're here!  I hope you're encouraged by what you read and spurred on to pursue the heart of God.  To make sure you don't miss anything join us over on the sidebar or add our button to your page.  Be blessed!

6 comments:

  1. I will pray for you. If you like we can fast together. Let me know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love too--e-mail me carly.erin.decker@gmail.com and we can figure out which day(s) :) So grateful for you!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy-we really appreciate you!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...