Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Reaching For Fringe

There is some exciting news that needs reporting (that is kind of rare these days isn't it??).   I've been inspired to create a second blog-one that I am VERY jazzed about!

I think I've finally come to accept that The Deckers are in the midst of a health crisis and honestly a chronic illness is slowly becoming a part of our story.

And in that acceptance I began looking for resources to help us.  The hours I have spent looking for really good, Biblical, and encouraging websites, books, etc for young married couples in a health crisis or who are experiencing a chronic illness have been...well...slim.

So I started my own resource and website!  It's titled Reaching For Fringe (just click on those turquoise letters to be taken there) inspired by the beautiful scripture found in Mark 5:26-28.

I'll let you head over to the new site to read more.  It is my dream that RFF will serve as a site containing resources, how-to's, encouragement, devotions, stories, trials, and community for anyone who finds themselves where we are:  married, young (or not so young!), and either in a health crisis or in a place of living with chronic illness.  Specially a shout out to the caretakers out there because our role is not easy and the world of support is lacking.

I'll continue to blog both here and now at RFF regularly-I'm willing to give up some sleep or cleaning or another less important activity because both this blog and Reaching For Fringe are of growing importance to me.  So head on over and let us know what you think!
26...and [the woman] who had suffered much under many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was no better but rather grew worse. 27 She had heard the reports about Jesus and came up behind him in the crowd and touched his garment. 28 For she said, “If I touch even his garments, I will be made well.”

Mark 5:26-28

I'm so glad you're here!  I hope you're encouraged by what you read and spurred on to pursue the heart of God.  To make sure you don't miss anything join us over on the sidebar or add our button to your page.  Be blessed!

6 comments:

  1. Yay Carly!!! I'm so excited to see how God has led you in this!! :) So glad to be a tiny part. The name is perfect for what you're doing. I just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Angi isn't that name perfect?! I was going to use it for this blog but since those verses in Mark about her touching Jesus' coat are about HEALING I thought it appropriate for the new blog. You're so creative to come up with that name. Love it! And thanks for the shout out on Facebook :)

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of you starting another blog, which I'm sure will be a healing place for you and countless others. So COOL! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement--there are just about ZERO resources for someone in our age range and married for as little time as we have been experiencing this season. I hope it is a blessing to someone. Already received a few e-mails from people across the USA with their stories

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Kay you are so sweet! Hope you get to check it out!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...