Thursday, July 12, 2012

Green Chile & Such

I am addicted to Farmer's Markets.  Perhaps, my feelings border obsession because I have weekly access to them until October.  Score!

Other obsessions as of late: homemade caramel lattes, taking pictures the soft fur on Harpo's ears, the Jack Johnson Pandora station, and our swamp cooler.  But I digress...

Homemade caramel latte.  Come to mama.

At this said Farmer's Market, I recently picked up roasted green chiles and organic tomatoes.  Yum! What else should you do but make green chile?  I made a vegetarian version but I HIGHLY recommend making a pork or chicken green chile for all us carnivores.  It just adds more flavor.  I used this recipe from Gluten Free Goddess which was excellent!  Do you have a favorite Farmer's Market dish or recipe?  

Tomatoes, green chiles, garlic all chopped up

Add broth and seasonings.  Let simmer and fill your house with deliciousness.

Optional step: get your husband to "lip flick" you from across the room.  P.S.  I got him to read Redeeming Love.  Yes, he loved it.  No, Matt, he did not grow ovaries.

Serve green chile over fried eggs and beans.  Dollop with thick, creamy greek yogurt (like sour cream!)

And then, because it is a cool summer night and it's thundering outside and rain is dripping right down your kitchen window...make a chocolate cake.

Like this one!

Sprinkle with powdered sugar so it looks fancy when you serve it to your man.  Classy!  But he won't notice because he'll have inhaled it before he notices the fancy extra step you added :)


The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it? “I the LORD search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.

Jeremiah 17:9-10

I'm so glad you're here!  I hope you're encouraged by what you read and spurred on to pursue the heart of God.  To make sure you don't miss anything join us over on the sidebar or add our button to your page.  Be blessed!

5 comments:

  1. Yumm! Can u post the green chile recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lady! I linked it up above in turquoise-do you see it? I may not have made it super clear. It's from Gluten Free Goddess. SO YUMMY! Here is the link again: http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2006/09/new-mexico-green-chile.html

      Delete
    2. thanks so much! I probably just missed it! I am going to try it! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm coming over to your house for food from now on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOoo we would love that! Cooking is such a fun way to be creative and figure out how to bless others and optimize our health. Thanks for encouragement miss Amber!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...