Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Freezer to Oven Cookies!

{Becky over at Time Out blessed this blog big time with a Liebester Award.  Check out her post!}

Do you remember all those times that I've told you we go big or go home with dessert???  This is a legit eating theory if you ask me.  My theory is if we eat healthfully 99% and took good care of our bodies then the times when we do eat dessert should be all kinds of naughty!!

And for us, we normally enjoy something homemade, gooey and chocolate-y... but that isn't always fast enough to crave a sweet tooth.  It seems all the quick stuff is bagged (aka junk food, yuck) or frozen (ice cream, probably) but not really what you want.

So in order to have a quick but fully delicious and homemade dessert I started doubling or (*ahem* tripling) any cookie recipe I make for a new purpose! I would bake a dozen or so for us to enjoy now and then save the rest for what I call Freezer to Oven Cookies.

Here's what you do...

Easy Freezer to Oven Cookies

Ingredients:

Plenty of your favorite raw cookie dough
A freezer ziploc bag
Permanent marker
A freezer :)

Directions:

Roll the dough into a ball, any size you like (mini, medium, etc)
Place them into the ziploc baggie.  It's ok if they touch!
Release bag of all the air and seal closed
Mark the date, flavor of cookies on the bag, and necessary bake time

Then as soon as your ready for some delicious cookies pull those suckers out of the freezer.  Let defrost if you want to bake them for the normal duration that the cookie recipe requires or place in the oven frozen but allow several more minutes to bake thoroughly.  Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake!

Roll into a ball or whatever size you like

Label your bag-I forgot my bake time!  Don't forget or you'll be sad with burned cookies

You have your fresh cookies from the doubled batter and a whole bag of ready-to-go's for next time!

Enjoy your easy quick bake treat!!  Confession time: If you really need the fastest dessert possible, I just popped one of those frozen cookie dough balls out of the freezer and ate it just like that.   Salmonella, you don't scare me.  Yum!
She is like the ships of the merchant;
    she brings her food from afar.  She rises while it is yet night 
    and provides food for her household
    and portions for her maidens.

Proverbs 31:14-15
I'm so glad you're here!  I hope you're encouraged by what you read and spurred on to pursue the heart of God.  To make sure you don't miss anything join us over on the sidebar or add our button to your page.  Be blessed!

15 comments:

  1. Excellent idea, i even freee my already made brownies, they actually turn out quite lovely once defrosted! I love your practical tip! Do you have a chocolate chip recipe you use? And that you'd like to share? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Nestle cookie recipe :) Simple but tried and true. I'll mix it up now and then but no other real favorites. What is yours friend!?

      Delete
  2. Great idea! What's your favorite recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ladies! I just use the one right off the nestle chocolate chip package!! I have always thought it's best :) Do you have one?? I am always up for a new cookie recipe!

      Delete
    2. We don't have the same packages here in Canada :) I don't know that I have a favourite right now.

      Delete
    3. Ha ha oh shoot! Stacey there is one AMAZING cookie recipe in my Recipes tab that isn't healthy but is amazing. Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies. The best, seriously!

      Delete
  3. This is a great idea Carly! It would be good if someone you know needed some cookie treats, a last minute event, or as you said -you really need a cookie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say Stacey left me a bag of frozen cookies one time and didn't tell me about them until one day when I had a hankering for something sweet while pregnant and found them in the freezer! It was such a sweet treat and so nice!! And you are so right about the pre-packaged "goodies." I again was craving cookies last week and let myself splurge on some at the store and realized they were disgusting because I haven't had fake cookies in so long and honestly they didn't even taste like cookies. And the nice thing is you can freeze them in smaller portions so you don't eat a whole bag of cookies by yourself in one night...lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna that is the BEST surprise. Stacey is so smart! I hear ya with the pre-packaged yuckiness. It just tastes chemicaly-y and processed. The homemade stuff is better and this makes it accessible and fast. Yum! Lets have a baking day someday soon!

      Delete
  5. Great idea I'll have to try it...cookies are popular in our home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same with ours. This is so easy to satisfy those sweet tooth cravngs that pop up unexpectedly! Enjoy Kathy :)

      Delete
  6. Delicious! I love raw cookie dough, maybe more than a baked cookie! And now, I'm craving some.

    Naturally, I'm blaming you. ;)

    Seriously though, this is a great idea. :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...