Friday, June 22, 2012

Weekends Are For Enjoying

The weekend! Any plans for you?  What would your perfect weekend look like??   

My mom and I are going to our local Farmer's Market which I am very jazzed about.  I love to scoop up the fresh baked bread, colorful heirloom tomatoes, and juicy peaches!  Oh man get me home to a big bowl of Greek yogurt to go with those peaches and I am in heaven. 

For the rest of the weekend, I am hoping for some activity even if it's low key.  Can I just share that I wouldn't mind if I never sit down AGAIN!!!  I can't wait for bike rides with my husband, long walks, the mountains, yard work...anything to be out and about!  If you can move-count your blessings my friend.  We have never been so ready for physical activity.  In time...I must be patient :)  Otherwise,  I teach 2 & 3 year old Sunday School which is so energizing, and I anticipate Ryan and I taking it easy so he can continue to heal up! 

I am praying that Ryan continues to feel better and better so we can start soaking up the summer already!  Crohn's already ruined the tail end of our winter and entire spring, but it will NOT conquer our summer!!  Thursday was a rough day for him in the physical pain department but hopefully the weekend is an easier ride.  We are encouraged by his progress but we are realizing just how weak he is and how much healing his body still has to do.

Enjoy the sunshine, your health, and some sweet people in your life this Saturday & Sunday!

P.S. Picture anyone?!  Enjoy :)

Wow Harpo.  Nice face.

The vibrant, red 4 foot tall bouquet from our friends The Careys!

 This is the sweetest thing!  Two kids from the neighborhood have to host a block party for a school service project and this is their invitation!  It has hand drawn pictures and we're instructed to bring a picnic and games :)  Too cute.

Family chaco picture. Did you see those blonde "feet" at the top of the picture?

The gorgeous park just 2 minutes from our house-it was SO nice to finally be out after being cooped up for 12 weeks!  Short walks = progress for Ryan

Ryan's very artistic shot of Harpo and I.  I would post the one I took of Ryan but he mooned the camera...
 
Save the Last Dance for Me by Michael Bublé on Grooveshark 
Doesn't this song just feel like summer to you?  Energizes me right up for a summer night!

My Journey to 1000 Gifts
471. Dr. Wiebe
472. Learning that art, writing, and reading bring life
473. Stories from the other side of the world
474. Finding a hidden basil plant in our hanging flower baskets
475. That time brings faith and healing-both outside of my expectations or contol
 

I'm so glad you're here!  I hope you're encouraged by what you read and spurred on to pursue the heart of God.  To make sure you don't miss anything join us over on the sidebar or add our button to your page.  Be blessed!

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. :) maybe i should photo shop little dog booties on him.

      Delete
  2. I also LOVE that family Chaco pic. Let us know when Ryan feels good enough for you guys to join us for Friday night dinner date.

    Also praying that Ryan continues to make progress with his healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll frame it for you mom. I hope he continues to feel good! Some pain yesterday so that was no good but he did take a WALK which was good news. I'll let you know!

      Delete
  3. Yea for the Chaco picture I also love it :) Glad Ryan is starting to have some better moments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea for the Chaco picture I also love it :) Glad Ryan is starting to have some better moments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we loved his little blonde paws sticking in there :) I would love to see you guys manage a family foot shot with you two, rilyn, porter, zoe, AND trixie haha omg!

      Delete
  5. haha That sounds like my husband- mooning the camera. Silly boys. Love the photos- your neck of the woods looks wonderful! Glad he's up and on a short walk with you. I recently discovered farmer's markets (working a lot of them this summer actually with an info booth for my work!). Pretty cool things! My perfect weekend = beach. Or swimming will do. It's just so hot and that is the ticket!

    Blessings friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha silly silly husbands! Boys are the only ones who think to do something like moon the camera. If Ryan was like, "Car I'm taking your picture..." I would not MOON it!! :) And a beach or swimming does sound perfect :) Relaxing!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...