Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday Surprise

Fact: My husband is the BEST surprise giver.  It's a talent he has really.

I've been talking about wanting to get a camera for a few months.  Just day dreaming about it here and there, nothing too serious.  I shared that I wanted a nicer one that can take really good photos; for my blog, for our home, for some other projects I'm working on etc.

And that man listens to me and took the time to bless me BIG time.  Well actually him and our friend Matt BOTH blessed me the most!

Ryan knew Matt was wise in the way of cameras because he owned a nice one and has enjoyed photography.  So Ryan texted him to ask what he knew about cameras or if he knew of any good deals.  Matt texts back..."Yeah I know a good deal.  It's me.  And the camera is free."

Say what??!  How dang generous and amazing is that?  I'm still getting over it.  I'm so so blessed by Ryan's caring heart and Matt's generosity.  Well this particular camera is a Nikon d40 and it is a swoony camera if I ever saw one.  Seriously it is so dang NICE!


I've been having all sorts of fun shooting pictures, making Harpo and Ryan pose, and testing it out.  I feel so legit.

I'm loving Monday surprises and enjoying the creativity using this unexpected new surprise to find some unique beauty!

We had to take the camera into the store to get it cleaned up so here are the first few photos I took with it in there, on the way home, and then acting like paparazzi to my poor dog and husband.  Lots to learn and practice.  But can you tell I love it?!  




And he charged them: “Thus you shall do in the fear of the LORD, in faithfulness, and with your whole heart:

2 Chronicles 19:9

I'm so glad you're here!  I hope you're encouraged by what you read and spurred on to pursue the heart of God.  To make sure you don't miss anything join us over on the sidebar or add our button to your page.  Be blessed!

9 comments:

  1. Girl that is a dang awesome surprise!! Excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving it! You'll probably see it on Tues at our coffee date so I can snap some pictures of our drinks or something else random ha ha

      Delete
  2. Dang -- will you please ask Matt to be my friend. What an awesome friend!

    Nice pic of you taking a picture of yourself in the car mirror.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mom you can be Matt's friend too :) He is way too good to us and an amazing friend! I'll bring the camera over for you to take some pictures of Ivy with-so far Harpo is not a fan of the flash going off in his face though...

      Delete
  3. When we got married (October) we used all the extra money for a big investment: a GOOD camera! At present I think I've used it more but we still love it! Though I need to disciple myself more to use it, but we honestly don't go out much. But enjoy your camera! We love ours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get some changes to use it Abigail! Such a fun way to get creative and capture some amazing things around us.

      Delete
  4. Oh wee so nice!! I been dropping hints too since we got married for a new camera Canon D70( Perhaps I will leave your blog up on the main computer for when he gets home !) I am so happy for your though, I love taking pictures but my digital camera is dying, had it since I was 18 (LOL)..Enjoy taking photos, surely Colorado is beautiful this time of the year ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay I hope my post will finally be the "hint" he needs ha ha :) It's SO hot out that I find being outside with it has to be the morning or night But I am so grateful for the Lord's provision and such a fun surprise.

      Delete
  5. Same here it is 95 degrees, I am a runner but this summer all of my workouts are inside of our home because the heat has been "rough" on me and the dogs. When it Winter, I am lie come home summer now it is Summer here I go with winter again but God is so good, the fact alone that I woke up am is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...