Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pintrest to Real Life

I love Pinterest!  I avoided joining for as long as possible because I thought it would be a time suck but now I love it!  And with time limits (I have to implement that or 30 mins flies by ha!) it is such a creative outlet and inspiration source.  

Here are a few Pinterest finds on my board that I got around to creating this weekend.  Have you been able to create some of your favorite pins into reality?

Colorful Print: This print showed up and I pinned it right to my "Create" board.  The colors and scripture are so gorgeous so I framed it for our living room to brighten it up.



Guest Basket: We really enjoy hosting friends, family, or whoever needs a place over night and extending hospitality!  So when I saw this basket of guest room essentials I knew I needed to create my own.

 

I found a spare basket and put in it an extra blanket,lotion, shampoo & conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush, a bar of soap, and a pair of Ikea slippers.  Hopefully our guests feel welcome and relaxed!


Teapot Vase: Isn't this picture so cheery?  I love the repurposing of the teapot into a vase.


I have an antique buttery yellow teapot and filled it with tulips from my husband.  Wonderful!


Happy creating and inspiration!!  My favorite is seeing a project finished and knowing you put your personal touches to it.  Next on my list are several healthy recipes like Yogurt dipped almond covered bananas, beet hummus, cloth snack bags, and a long way off are bathroom remodels.

My Journey to 1000 Gifts
422. So many prayers and endless encouragement from new Blogger friends
423. Yahtzee tournaments with Ryan
424. 5:15 am prayer walks with Harpo
425. 1 Chronicles 9 and learning how to steward gifts
426. House
427. Praying over and with Ryan
428.  A husband who leads us even when he's sick
429. The adventures of being unsure but trusting God
430. VERY healthy, delicious dinner from mom
431. Hot apple cider with fresh ginger
432. Beth Moore studies and her amazing insight into the Word
433. Ability to do MPD and work  from home to be with Ryan
434. Swamp cooler = paradise when it's 80 degrees out
435. Beth Mevy  organizing support and prayers for us
436. Ryan's work, boss, and co-workers being so good to us in this season
437. Early mornings
In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Acts 20:35

I'm so glad you're here!  I hope you're encouraged by what you read and spurred on to pursue the heart of God.  To make sure you don't miss anything join us over on the sidebar or add our button to your page.  Be blessed!

4 comments:

  1. I have to agree...I avoided it at first too. But WOW. I just love Pinterest. :-) I've gotten so many ideas for decorating my house...good, frugal ideas. So, I see Pinterest as an investment in my frugality. ;-)
    I'm vising from Proverbs 31 Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Stacy! It is totally inspirational! And I love what I've found to make our home more of a blessing to others or different projects simply for the purpose of being creative. Fun to have you here--going to check out your site!

      Delete
  2. I love pinterest! How you did your guest basket is awesome!
    I found you via Proverbs 31 Thursdays and am following you via GFC and Pinterest now also. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh perfect Kendra how fun! Pinterest is seriously the BEST! I never would have thought of that basket on my own. Love it. So glad you're here lady!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...