Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Dinner for New Parents

Can I just mention that we have a lot of very fertile friends?!  It seems like EVERYONE we know is preggo or just had a baby.  So exciting!  We get the sweet deal of loving those parents and babies--but minus the poopy diapers and midnight feedings.  Ha! 

We do love to bless our friends who are new parents.  We typically bring dinner or another meal.  Who doesn't love receiving fresh, homemade dinner without the work?!  We recently brought this dinner below to our friends, Elliot & Natalie and their new daughter Mercedes Grace.  What a sweet new family of 3!

The Easy Summer To-Go Menu

Grilled lemon pepper chicken
Garlic bread from the Farmer's Market
Summer Salad with fresh veggies
Juicy watermelon
Homemade chocolate chip cookies

P.S. Wrap any bread items in plastic wrap to prevent it from becoming soggy



Dinner To Go Tips:

*Buy disposable aluminum trays so you don't have to get Tupperware back
*Ask for food restrictions before the day you bring the meal over!
*Prepare what you can the day before so ease stress
*Plan to double the portions so your family has dinner also!
*Consider tucking in paper plates and utensils so they don't have to clean up (I know, I know...not environmentally friendly but we find most people are blessed by this!)

Then be prepared for your friends to be so blessed and so thankful for the break you provided!
...But you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the LORD.

Leviticus 19:18

I'm so glad you're here!  I hope you're encouraged by what you read and spurred on to pursue the heart of God.  To make sure you don't miss anything join us over on the sidebar or add our button to your page.  Be blessed!

4 comments:

  1. Carly - How thoughtful of you! What a great friend you are! As a mom of almost 7, I know just how much of a blessing this is to a family after a new baby arrives. I am so thankful to have had my church and other friends set up a meal deliver plan after several of my births! Such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah I'm SO glad meals minister to you! I know if I had a new baby I would not want to be cooking, I would want time with my family or doing anything else!! I'm sure with soon to be 7 you have a full schedule. Glad you have people to surround you with love :)

      Delete
  2. Carly, May the lord bless you for being kind and willing to help others during their very special time. What a great example you are to your Sisters in Christ!!! The summer salad looks delicious!!!!! God willing, if we ever have a baby, I would like my mom to do all the cooking ( Lord, no body can cook salmon like her:). I already asked her to stay 3 months:) .. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so grateful that Ryan is feeling a little more normal so that I have the energy to cook for people again. I am blessed by food so I figure so are others too! And Kay I really hope there is a tiny baby on the horizon for you two--how exciting. And moms really are the best at helping aren't they?!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...