Monday, May 28, 2012

Serendipitous Post

Our weekend was pretty low key!  How are you celebrating Memorial day?  Not a lot of big plans for us.  Although we are very grateful for all the men and women who have and continue to serve in the Armed Forces!  

We attended a beautiful wedding Friday evening for one of my friends I grew up with.  She married an amazing man and they are an incredible couple. We skipped most of the dancing though to not over do it as Ryan heals.  But it was still a treat to break out of our normal routine and attend a fun social event-Ryan gets excited about the free dinner and I always dig the cake. Oh plus the actual celebration ha :)

Saturday my sister was in town so we got to hang out with her and the rest of my family at a graduation party.  We also stole Lindsay (my sister) Sunday evening for dinner and just got to hang out more over goulash, sweet potato drop biscuits, and organic peach tea.  This is definitely the wedding and graduation party season with many of both coming up.  What a great time of celebration and being with people.

My sweet sister, Lindsay, can you tell we're related?

As for the rest of the week, our goal is to get Ryan healthy.  He is still experiencing not so fun symptoms and ongoing pain so we're praying BIG time for relief and restoration.  As for me I am working and relearning a rhythm to our weeks.  We're doing our best to soak up this incredible weather and Harpo is always up for a walk!

Ryan's parents gifted us with a patio set that is perfect for soaking up the evenings.  It stays light at our house until at least 8:30.  We love our home, rest from this weekend, and time to live slowly.  Have a stupendous week!

My Journey to 1000 Gifts
407. Ryan taking care of bills for us
408. Fresh peaches to Lillian
409. Chinese food
410. Swamp cooler being fixed by friends
411. Pineapple-apple-carrot-celery juice
412. Morning quiet times through the gospel of Mark
He has caused his wondrous works to be remembered; the LORD is gracious and merciful.

Psalm 111:4

I'm so glad you're here!  I hope you're encouraged by what you read and spurred on to pursue the heart of God.  To make sure you don't miss anything join us over on the sidebar or add our button to your page.  Be blessed!

4 comments:

  1. I can't tell we are related... We look nothing alike! Haha! Psyche! Loved seeing you and Jub this weekend! I sure miss you guys when I am away. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I just laughed out loud that you called Ryan "Jub". We love and miss you already. You are cool and as Ryan so classily put, "a hot topic on campus!" :)

      Delete
  2. That's funny Carly- my parents recently got us a patio bistro set and it really does make such a difference! We love sitting on the patio now :) I do my quiet times out there sometimes, although we have some crazy squirrels in the neighborhood which can be distracting sometimes ;). Yep, Spring is definitely a party season- maybe everyone is just tired of being cold and cooped up so spring time is break out time? Enjoy your spring time friend, continuing to pray for you both.

    Blessings,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole I agree it is SOOOOO nice to be outside having quiet times. Morning sun, coffee, the Word. Perfect. I bet your patio was nice for the houes warming party!

      Looking forward to reading more of your blog this week and the series!

      Carly

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...