Did you enter the Ladybird Poppy Mother's Day Giveaway?! Head over and check out all the ways to snatch this fresh, gorgeous gift for Mom!
One day last week Ryan stayed here to work from home. My favorite thing he says when he's home is,
"Our house is just so serene. I love being here."
Music to my wife heart! (and flattering because I love making our home restful). I'm so blessed that his heart is at rest when he is home.
So while he was hard at work, I decided to surprise him a healthy breakfast. Orangey Blueberry Sunflower Loaf. Now normally, he can't have oranges because of his intestinal issues but for some reason this didn't bother him and I figured since the citrus content was so low he should be OK. Praise the Lord! Enjoy this springy breakfast bread and let me know what you think.
Not part of the recipe-just an inspirational surprise from my husband
Orangey Blueberry Sunflower Loaf
2 cups white rice flour (or any kind you like)
1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup raw sugar
1 tbsp orange zest
1 small orange, peeled
1-2 tsp vanilla extract (depending up on your tastes)
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 tsp corn starch
1/3 cup sunflower seeds, for topping
Turn oven to 350 F and grease/flour your loaf pan.
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Combine remaining ingredients minus blueberries and corn starch in a blender and blend for 20 seconds or until well blended.
Pour blended ingredients into flour mixture. Stir well. Fold in blueberries and corn starch.
Batter is very sticky and thick so "pour" into loaf pan and evenly distribute. Sprinkle seeds on top of loaf for a crunchy health extra! Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
Melting butter on top of this delicious breakfast-serve with a big cup of coffee!
My Journey to 1000 Gifts
342. All Who Are Thirsty (the song)
343. Sudden energy from the Lord to cook for my husband!
344. 5 minute walks with Ryan and Harpo
345. Laundry machines, dishwashers, and ovens
346. An abundance of meals from friends thanks to Ali Carter's organization
347. Mom helping with yard work
348. Wise, godly men praying for Ryan
349. Cream of Wild Rice soup-yummy!
351. Letting God define the circumstance and not vice versa
353. How intricately God made out bodies and the knowledge that they are fragile
354. Time and ability to write while I hang with sweet, resting Ryan on the couch
Light is sweet, and it pleases the eyes to see the sun.
I'm so glad you're here! I hope you're encouraged by what you read and spurred on to pursue the heart of God. To make sure you don't miss anything join us over on the sidebar or add our button to your page. Be blessed!