Thursday, May 24, 2012

No-Sew Kitchen Window Curtains

 I've had the supplies and the vision to complete this project for awhile... I just haven't had a the ability (aka my husband's tool know-how) to put up these No-Sew Kitchen Window Curtains!  And I am really pleased with how it turned out.  

Ryan was such a servant this afternoon and hooked me up with a fabulous new window treatment!!  What a stud.  He then promptly went to lay down for an hour--obviously he's still healing :/  So do you dig the new look?  They are simply made of pretty cloth napkins!  So easy right?!  Scroll down for the "how-to" (it is so beyond easy, plus no-sew!)

Before: No privacy and kind of bland

After: Sunny, bright and privacy for our kitchen!

 An open shot of the new snazzy curtains.  Do you like?

No-Sew Kitchen Window Curtains
Time: 20 minutes to complete

Supplies:
Some type of curtain rod or kit (we used an Ikea Curtain Wire Kit)
Pack of pretty cloth napkins-our window required 4 large napkins.

Directions:
Hang your curtain rod, tension cable or whatever else you're using half way up the window  Clip the cloth napkins with the appropriate sized slips and hang!  

More curtain ideas!!
*Change out the napkins depending upon the season for simple decor.  Try shades of chocolate+orange+yellow for autumn, cranberry+deep greens for winter, or turquoise+light greens for spring.
*Be on the look out for clearance sections in Target or other stores for inexpensive napkins to hang up!
*Depending upon how strong your rod or wire is, consider hanging garland or a decorative wreath on it for the various seasons and celebrations.
*For a simple year round look, make your own inexpensive burlap curtains for the kitchen!

Love the print: a pop of color and the red matches our antique glass jar filled with wooden utensils

Enjoy!  I would love to see pictures if you get time to make these no-sew curtains.
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.

Romans 12:10

I'm so glad you're here!  I hope you're encouraged by what you read and spurred on to pursue the heart of God.  To make sure you don't miss anything join us over on the sidebar or add our button to your page.  Be blessed!

10 comments:

  1. The curtains are so cute -- and so easy! I wish I had a window above my sink so I could do the same. I like your idea of changing the pattern based on the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom you figured out how to comment!! Go you! Excited to show you my curtains next time you're over :) Love you!

      Delete
  2. This is brilliant Carly! We have simple curtains in the kitchen, and curtains period make such a difference when I'm washing dishes at the sink and staring into the dark abyss outside, wondering who could be looking back at me! LOL Love the changing with the seasons idea too.

    Blessings Friend!

    Nicole
    Workingkansashomemaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I totally know!! You can't see out at night but you KNOW it' so easy to see in. Creeeeeepy! I like your half curtains too NIcole, I was totally inspired. And I also liked seeing more of your house from the pics of the house warming party. Awesome!

      Delete
  3. Carly, I love this! I'm a very indecisive person when it comes to decorating. I think this is perfect for our house! I can switch out the napkins whenever the mood strikes! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annika that is so perfect! I hadn't even thought about that but you're right!! When the mood changes or you re-decorate, just swap out the curtains (napkins). :)

      Delete
  4. Carly, this is a clever idea. Who would have thought of using napkins for this! They look really sweet on your windows. I wonder if bandanna scarves or table runners would also work. And I love all the IKEA hardware options. I love IKEA anyway. Right now we're in Budapest, and we always need to buy some things even though our flat is furnished and we're only here for 6 weeks. And IKEA has all the cheap little bath carpets and stuff we can't get anywhere else. Bless you, Gail (BibleLoveNotes)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail I love the idea of scarves or table runners! That would be perfect. As long as it's the right size you could hang any kind of material of fabric item. I am newly inspired when I change out my "curtains" :) Budapest must be SO exciting!! Can't wait to read more posts about it. 6 weeks out of the country adventuring for God sounds so refreshing and life giving. Prayers to Budapest for you Gail!!

      Delete
  5. Oooooooooh, just what I've needed! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad Jaclyn!! Hope you can make an easy version for your own windows soon :) They are beyond simple to do.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...