Monday, May 7, 2012

Bragging on God

{Ryan Update:  Sick, sick, sick.  Those are probably the most accurate words to describe Ryan right now unfortunately.  He's weak, tired, and worse than he was last week.  Our doctor is calling us this afternoon-we hope to schedule surgery with her Friday morning (5/11) which will relieve internal complications and we pray, reduce his pain levels in the long run. Please keep praying.  You are a gift to us!}

What are you reading through in scripture right now?  What are you learning?  I'd love to hear.

Mark 3 was on my reading plan this morning and I underlined this verse, soaking up what is true:

...When the great crowd heard all that he was doing, they came to him.

Mark 3:8

People hearing requires other people speaking right?  It seems that the "great crowd" mentioned here included hundreds maybe thousands of people who had personally seen Jesus at work.  Healing, teaching, reviving, loving.  All the sweet stuff Jesus ever does!

And they couldn't hold keep it to themselves!!  Why should they??

By simply bragging on God, telling about the work He was up to, others were automatically drawn to Him.  And I love that and the simplicity of how we might point to God for His glory!

How often and how well do you brag on God?  Are people drawn to Christ because of how you speak of Him?

I want to be a Mark 3:8 kind of person, someone who can't stop bragging on our God because I desire other people (great crowds even!) to know him and simply because He is so worthy of it.  And I know that as especially ladies we have no excuse because many of us have the gift of gab-use that as a main ministry tool!

What a simple, but profound responsibility we are charged with.  Brag on!

P.S. Congratulations to entry #49 Kelly B!  Sarah from Ladybird Poppy will be in contact with you soon!  Happy Mother's Day!
a Rafflecopter giveaway

My Journey to 1000 Gifts
356. When Ryan walks in the door after work
357. Ugly-beautiful hand blisters
358. Waking up and reaching for my Bible first
359. New ways to be organized
360. Perfectly cool-warm weather
361. The quiet of our property but the noisy birds that can easily wake us up
Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

Hebrews 7:25




I'm so glad you're here!  I hope you're encouraged by what you read and spurred on to pursue the heart of God.  To make sure you don't miss anything join us over on the sidebar or add our button to your page.  Be blessed!

10 comments:

  1. Well said! I'll be keeping you in my prayers. I can't remember the verse off the top of my head, but the one I've really been thinking of this week is the verse that talks about not worrying - how God takes care of the birds of the sky and all the animals that roam, and aren't you more important that that? Certainly God will take care of you... that's what I've been reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super encouraged by that Angela! I love what you're learning :)

      Delete
  2. Is this an exploratory surgery of sorts or did they pinpoint an issue? Yikes, I'll continue praying for you guys! What a tough situation. I love what the Lord showed you from that verse- so beautiful, and so simple too. I think we can over complicate our witness sometimes, putting so much pressure on us, but when we just share what He is doing in our lives, that can be the best witness.

    Blessings friend!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole-it is a 3 in 1: colonoscopy, full examination, and various surgical procedures to reduce pain and fix the problems. We are SO praying for results! Thank you for praying-you bless us BIG time.

    I suppose lately I'm praying that God uses what we're experiencing in this storm of sickness as a witness. We are so dang weak and blind in it-He is the only one who could show up and show off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this! I also want to be a Mark 3:8 kind of person. That is why I blog! :)

    I am visiting for the first time, but love your blog so much. I am now following and can't wait to read more of your thoughts. I am also praying for Ryan. I'm thinking this trial of sickness will lead to many stories to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna we appreciate your prayers SO much. We are hopeful that this time grows us more than any other and we come out stronger in our faith. He is good! Excited to go visit your blog. Fun to have you here!! :)

      Delete
  5. I totally get your post! I love bragging on God, because praise does belong to Him! I saw your question above about what God is teaching me? And I wanted to share :) I am really focusing on His love for me. Ephesians 3:16-19 is a prayer that has been on my heart for months now. To be strengthened by His Spirit, to "get" the Love of Christ, to be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Cuz all that stuff sounds totally AWESOME! I am daily asking for a revelation of His love, which is really getting to know Him better, because God is Love :) He is laying a foundation of His love in my heart, so I can be rooted and established in it. His love is so powerful, so freeing, so limitless! Today I posted about what His love has done for me in the arena of fear you can check it out at http://www.gracetoabide.com/2012/05/how-to-be-perfect.html Keep up the GREAT POSTS!!!! And keep bragging on the King of Kings, he deserves it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber!!!! This is so exciting! Dang girl I love what you're learning. The part about "daily revelations of His love" is my favorite part :) We need so much to be filled up every single day with more of Him-we are are totally unable on our own and that is something Ryan and I are learning big time lately. It truly does take a Strong Foundation to walk the walk because the world and the enemy will try to shake us up beyond recognition. So encouraged by you!

      Going to check out your post now. And excited to hear more of what you're learning :)

      Delete
  6. I pray that Ryan's surgery will go well and give you the answers you need to stop the pain/problems. Thanks for sharing this sweet post while dealing with this trial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really hope so too Gail. It's always encouraging to read your sweet comments and know you are lifting us up. We are meeting with a surgeon again on Thursday so your prayers are needed!! THANK YOU!!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...