Monday, April 16, 2012

Your Week Started Well

Welcome the morning with a big mug coffee and maybe even a donut just because...this is a rarity in our house however!


The most energizing part of my day is from 6:00-7:00 am.  A little early for the word energizing maybe, but it's true!  I know I have posted about this before but I think it is the MOST important thing for your heart and life:

Relationship with Jesus.

Brew a pot of coffee this morning, pour yourself a hot cup, and curl up somewhere cozy with your Bible before anything else.  While your house is still and perhaps you're the only one awake, let the Lord meet you and fill you up for the day before you.  He genuinely wants relationships with YOU!

Here are a several ideas to try today or this week:

Write a letter to God.
Read through several Psalms.
Pick a book of the Bible, any book, to read 1 chapter a day.
Find the Proverbs that coordinates to the calendar date and allow the wisdom into your day.
Try this out...it's my personal favorite
Journal prayer requests or favorite verses and what God brings to your mind as you read
Pick a phrase or word that speaks to you and meditate on it
Or walk through your time with the Lord in some other way!  God's Word is as dynamic as you

I hope this week is adventurous, life-giving, and joy-filled!


My Journey to 1000 Gifts
292. Mom bringing us dinner tomorrow
293. Hanging with Uncle Kev and the Deckers on Wednesday
294. Leader's Retreats and student leaders
295. Writing for a June blog devotional-more on that coming soon!
296. Stacey & Jason's wedding date set
297. Electric blankets for my sick husband
298. Being a bridesmaid for one of my best friend's wedding this fall!
299. How my husband loves cheesy, chick flick movies :)
300. Rain and the freshness it brings
301. Titus 2
302. Lots of rest on the weekends
303. Our juicer to make healthy drinks to start our day!

So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God.


Romans 5:11

I'm so glad you're here!  I hope you're encouraged by what you read and spurred on to pursue the heart of God.  To make sure you don't miss anything join us over on the sidebar or add our button to your page.  Be blessed!





WorkingKansasHomemaker Photobucket


16 comments:

  1. Great ideas, Carly! I love how you love to be with the Lord-you shine so bright for Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Kathy! How do you meet with Him? I love getting ideas!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful post (as always!) Carly. There are some great ideas here that I'm sure everyone can draw from! I think people can get intimidated, especially newer believers, as they think about "quiet time" and taking on the Bible! I love how you have broken it down. Great wisdom here Carly, and thank you for linking up! -Nicole at Working Kansas Homemaker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fun to link up with your site! I love what you write NIcole. Hopefully those ideas make the Bible and relationship with God accessible to people. He wants to meet with us!

      Delete
  3. Great way to start the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you the encouragement to try this. I have wanted to for a long time, but I find that whenever I do get up before my kids, I swear they sense that I'm up and wake up too! But it really does start the day out right to have a few moments to read and reflect before the rush of the day. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That totally makes sense Erica. I don't have any kids yet so my mornings are easy. Maybe after their bedtimes, over lunch, or during naps? Just a few more ideas. Praying the Lord leads you to some accessible and do-able times with Him!

      Delete
  5. Carly, I agree on the morning time with God. Its my medicine for a better day no matter what comes. Found you through Beholding Glory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So fun you found my blog! Morning time with God is the best-sets you up for a great day and week. I don't function well without it!

      Delete
  6. Carly - great suggestions on setting up the habit of putting God first every day. I have to admit that since I had my second son just 7 months ago, that morning time fell away (just not possible right now). But God met me where I am, and has granted me at least 30 minutes of quiet in the early afternoon for Him, and I'm making that my habit for this season. Thank you for the reminder that Bible reading is a foundational part of Christianity that is a must, so matter what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marissa I am SO encouraged that you are making time with the Lord work with your schedule. That is so important! Not everyone has a super early time available or even functions that well in the a.m. Praying you are filled up as a woman after His heart and as a wife and momma :)

      Delete
  7. Hey there Carly, lots of people loved your post and I'm featuring it this week. It is too much good information NOT to! :)

    Blessings,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a blessing Nicole! I'm honored :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Praying you can get some time with the Lord today Denise! And use some of these inspirations :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...