Ryan Update: Yesterday we found ourselves in the ER-the second hospital trip in a week. To spare you the gory details Ryan experienced very alarming symptoms Thursday morning and our doctor sent us to the hospital. No one has answers beyond diagnosing a fissure and a possible inflammatory bowel disease. Our next step is to visit a GI Specialist. We are trusting God to heal him soon and provide relief in such an exhausting season. We are grateful for YOU praying and loving us.}
In the midst of Ryan being sick and discouraged at his health we are just clinging to the Lord. What else can we do?? Literally just holding on for even a little hope and progress. All the while honestly I'm just thinking, "Ummm hey Lord...did you want to show up sometime soon???"
But the truth is, as tired as I am, as frustrated as Ryan must be, we aren't super surprised at all this. Jesus promised that we would have trouble on Earth (Matthew 10). This season has definitely been filed under that category. We've learned to trust God more, pray with often tired hearts, and rely on His strength beyond than any other time.
One positive thing coming out of all this is that we get to see people much more often when they bring us dinners, groceries, walk Harpo, or some other sweet blessing!! Wow! So hey, thanks God, for good support and sweet relationships.
The only verse that makes any sense right now is this one, it points us to His work in our lives and a very clear refining process in the midst of this fire.
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12:9
My Journey to 1000 Gifts
329. This song that my husband is clinging to in chronic pain and sickness
331. Vision Plans for my sweet Mines ladies
332. Health & Hygiene Training at HWI
333. Wrestling through major issues with the Lord
334. New blogs that I love and their sweet authors
335. Harpo cuddles early in the morning-that he thinks he is a lap dog
336. Yardwork blisters and smell of freshly cut grass
337. Cloudy skys that might mean rain
338. Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster
339. Good friends to share life with
340. Uncertainty about decisions but leaning on Jesus
341. Ceiling fans cooling down a room and how that reminds me of summer
I'm so glad you're here! I hope you're encouraged by what you read and spurred on to pursue the heart of God. To make sure you don't miss anything join us over on the sidebar or add our button to your page. Be blessed!