Monday, April 23, 2012

Home Office/Guest Room Re-Do

[My post about time with the Lord: Your Week Started Well, is featured here this morning. Exciting!]

With the help of my fantastic, helpful sister I finally got around to finishing up our second guest room and home office this weekend.  It's spick and span and ready for someone to come stay and enjoy!

In the midst of taking care of Ryan, being at doctor's appointments or just spending time with him, a clean house and organization has been (rightfully) put on the back burner.

It felt really good to come up with a vision for the space and then get to create it.  Plus hanging with my sis is time I look forward to!  I feel inspired and refreshed when I have the time and energy to accomplish things.  Don't you?

I really like the way this room turned out.  It just took a quick trip to Target for the brown blanket, pillow shams, and a lamp.  Other than that I "up-cycled" what I already owned to add accessories.

I want our guest rooms to be relaxing for guests-browns, whites, blues, and creams.  

We don't have headboards on any of our beds but I just pile up pillows to fake the look. 

I think the book wreath shouldn't stand alone-maybe a burlap banner that says "Sweet Dreams"

Hey free desk!  Added a clearance lamp, picture frame I already had,, and an orchid 

A nice, bright work space!

Before shot: SO disorganized and dusty

After shot: Love how it all came together

Enjoying our new space and continued organization of our home!

My Journey to 1000 Gifts
314. Slow, sometimes choppy progression for my husband's health
315. Laughing out loud
316. Teasing Ry and hearing his laugh
317. Planning an early birthday party for Ryan-pinatas and goodie bags
318.  Endless lattes at my house thanks to an amazing coffee machine
319. Lentil soup, fresh juice, and dark chocolate covered almonds
320. Harpo coming back from a week with his grandparents-we LOVE that guy!

Honor and majesty surround him; strength and beauty fill his sanctuary.
Psalm 96:6

I'm so glad you're here!  I hope you're encouraged by what you read and spurred on to pursue the heart of God.  To make sure you don't miss anything join us over on the sidebar and add our button to your page.  Be blessed!

10 comments:

  1. Wow you guys did a wonderful job Carly! And quality bonding time with friends and family while tackling projects is always fun. Thank you for linking up and sharing! My husband and I are looking to upgrade our bed and get new mattresses, etc. and I was thinking to just buy a bed frame that fits the new mattress size and do away with headboards. I love the pillow idea!

    Blessings,
    Nicole at Working Kansas Homemaker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beds to fake the headboard is cheaper! If we ever find a cheap one I won't mind it but for now this will be great.

      Love your link ups on Monday!

      Delete
  2. I really like that color combo. It makes me want to redo our room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber. The walls looks sort of blue but they are really a light gray. I would love to see pics :)

      Delete
  3. I really like that color combo. It makes me want to redo our room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great! I love the wreath! I might need to make one for myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie you should! They are super simple. Here is the link I used to make mine:

      http://livingwithlindsay.com/2009/11/librarians-please-avert-your-eyes.html

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. thanks denise :) fun to see you stop by the blog!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing your successful and awesome project! :) It can be an inspiration for individuals who want to work from the comforts of their home and use virtual offices instead.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...