Wednesday, April 4, 2012

{Healthy) Cookie Dough Dip

Ok peeps you might think I just about lost my mind with this one.  But I haven't.  Just hear me out--I am SO pumped to share this recipe with you!!

You have put up with my beets, butternut squash, masalas, and spinach smoothies but how about this: Healthy Cookie Dough Dip?

It should be known that I think you should go big or go home with desserts-none of the fat free, sugar free stuff.  Ick!  But this recipe is a high protein, low sugar dip that literally will rock your socks off.  I am addicted.  It just tastes good with no questions about whether or not it's healthy.  Trust me!

Secret ingredient?

**Drumroll**

Chickpeas (aka Garbanzo beans).  Oh heck yes!!!!

Don't be sketched out.  Just make it, throw it in the appetizer mix for your next party like it's no big thang and just enjoy people flocking to your glorious dessert.  You can be the bearer of good news that this dessert is HEALTHY!

What is the recipe you might ask?  Well let me share it with you...

{Healthy} Cookie Dough Dip

1 can Chickpeas (Garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup nut butter (I used almond)
1 tbsp milk (try with coconut, rice, or almond if needed)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup chocolate chips
3 tbsp oats

Mix everything but the chocolate chips in a food processor (no, not your blender) until smooth.  Adjust as necessary.  Too thick? Add milk.  Not sweet enough?  Add more sugar.  Too thin?  Throw in more nut butter.

Even healthier**  I've read other recipes where the sugar was subbed out with about 1 cup pitted dates instead.  Worth a try someday!

Serve with graham cracker sticks, fruit or any other dipper you like!

Tell me that doesn't look the real deal?  And it tastes AMAZING! Ryan gives it a B+ (an A would be real cookie dough, ha ha)

Offer your taste testers a few fun things to dip in it: bananas, apples, graham crackers, and more!


Ideas for Serving:


Serve at a kid's birthday party alongside animal crackers
Surprise your co-workers with a healthy treat-finally!
Serve with fruit as an appetizer at baby or bridal shower
Throw your dough in a cute bowl, place on a tray with all the dippers and sprinkle chips around
For a salty/sweet treat try with dipping with pretzels

Let me know what you think!  Reviews and adjustments welcome!
For the LORD takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory.

Psalm 149:4


I'm so glad you're here!  I hope you're encouraged by what you read and spurred on to pursue the heart of God.  To make sure you don't miss anything join us over on the sidebar or add our button to your page.  Be blessed!

17 comments:

  1. I absolutely love cookie dough...but I am wanting to eat healthier. I'll have to give this one a try! It really does look like the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so nuts I just may have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana I think you will be pleasantly surprised :) High protein from the nut butter and chickpeas and then as little or as much sugar as you like. You could also add raisins for more fruit content.

      Let me know what you think! Ryan ate the dip last night with a banana and said it was a fantastic dessert :)

      Delete
  3. This is a great idea Carly! I will have to try it soon at a party. I don't think I've ever heard of cookie dough dip period, so a healthy version is a great place to start! ;) -Nicole @ Working Kansas Homemaker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it for sure Nicole! It is surprisingly delicious. And my husband is not a big dessert guy so if he even gave it a good grade you know it must be worth trying.

      Delete
  4. I change my grade to an A-!
    -Ry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to try this. Will peanut butter work? Hope so 'cuz it's all I've got right now. I'm more encouraged to try since your hubby upped his grade! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle peanut butter will definitely work! Any kind of nut butter-almond, cashew, peanut etc. However peanut butter will be a stronger flavor that almond so I suggest starting with a little less than 1/4 cup and working your way up to more if needed.

      Let me know how this recipe goes for you!

      Delete
    2. Carly, we made this tonight and the boys really liked it! So did I. My sweet-tooth gave it an A+ and I just pinned it. Thanks so much! Can't wait to take it to our next life group meeting. :-)

      Delete
    3. Michelle that is great! It is definitely a surprisingly delicious dessert :) I'm glad you liked it. Do you have a blog Michelle? I couldn't find one when I clicked on your name. Would love to follow if you do!

      Delete
  6. Good thing I have a fat can of garbanzos in my cabinet right now just dying to be made into this today! Thanks for the great idea sissy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummy linny!!! Let me know how it goes. I think you will like :) Plus garbanzo beans are so cheap so this is a great thing to make. Make sure you let me know how it goes sister!

      Delete
  7. I tried this this evening. We're all chowing down now... unbeknownst to my family of five that they are eating chickpeas. Thanks so much for a new way to feed them healthier- without a fuss.
    ( I used almond milk and peanut butter. The taste was great, but next time I'll pulse the oats finer, and get the chickpeas smoother. )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo a great suggestion Heather! I'll do the same!

      Excited that you guys liked it and your family unknowingly and happily can eat more healthfully with this recipe :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Try is sometime Denise...you will be pleasantly surprised I think!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...