Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Organize: Create A Cleaning Cart

I really dig getting all the  Decker Home chores done at once--if possible.  It's a full day and helps our home run incredibly smooth the rest of the week.  I secretly (now, not so secretly) love this day!

But I found myself running all over the house for the toilet brush (master bath), mop (in the pantry), cleaning supplies (under the sink), dust rags (linen closet) and so on.  So as we rearranged a bedroom closet recently and a 3 shelved metal cart opened up.  It used to hold my hubbies undies and socks BUT  repurposing items already in our home is a pretty good idea in my book!

And the creativity started stirring...

 Behold!!  A cleaning cart.  A fantastic tool for wives, moms, and families everywhere.

 Top shelf: sponges, paper towels (a rare commodity at the Deckers), vacuum supplies, etc

 Second shelf: a pile of easily accessible rags and a mesh bag for re-fills

 Bottom shelf: Cleaning supplies and plastic bags

Hang any spray bottles off the sides for no-spills and easy to reach

So there you have it: organized and efficient all at once!  We have wood floors everywhere in our ranch home so a roll-able cart makes sense but for carpeted or multi-leveld houses try these ideas:

More inspiration for cleaning organization:

-Combine all that you ned to clean in a gallon size bucket or reusable tote with plastic bottom to carry to each clean-needy spot in your home
-Consider placing a smaller bucket with smaller portioned supplies under the sink of each bathroom for easy and quick clean up!
-Find or self-mix ONE multi-purposed cleaning solution to eliminate many bottles and as a less expensive option!  I use 1 part white vinegar to 5 parts warm water, a squirt of dish soap, and 10 drops of lemon essential oil.  Good for showers, floors, windows, counters, toilets, and more!
She sets about her work vigorously;
   her arms are strong for her tasks. 


Proverbs 31:17

Organizing Made Fun

 I'm so glad you're here!  I hope you're encouraged by what you read and spurred on to pursue the heart of God.  To make sure you don't miss anything join us over on the sidebar or add our button to your page.  Be blessed!

6 comments:

  1. Like the cart! Seems like you thought of everything :) Just seeing it inspires me to clean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy you can make one for yourself to help that inpsiration! Or a bucket, tote whatever! Thanks for the encouragement always :)

      Delete
  2. I found you through the modest mom link up. What a brilliant idea!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It is SUCH an easy tool to make your home cleaning easy. I just cleaned out home this morning, and rolled that thing with me to each room. No more running all over the house for the supplies you need. Visiting your blog now ;)

      Delete
  3. Carly I love this idea! I am trying to nix the papertowels and use reusable rags/terry clothes/something (haven't quite gotten that part figured out yet) and I can see a mesh bag being handy where I can throw dirty ones in there and move on to the next room, with a pile of clean ones next to the bag. Hmm...lots of ideas! :) -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Nicole I'm so encouraged! Yeah I totally agree about getting rid of the paper towels--too expensive and kind of wasteful :( I would love to hear how you end up creating your cleaning cart or something like it :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...