Thursday, March 8, 2012

Crock Pot Cinnamon Almonds

Here from Pinterest?  Welcome!  I'm real pumped you found this little spot on the internet.  Stay awhile and of course come back again!

I'm sure you've had hot, toasty Cinnamon Almonds at some point.  They are always the ones with that insanely delicious smell that turns my head at a sporting event, which then leads to me begging Ryan for us to buy some nuts!!  And he wisely reminds me that they are a like $9 bucks a scoop.  

NOT happening, people!

  So here is a much more affordable, healthier version.  They still smell as dang good and make your mouth water as they roast *drool*.

Bust out the crock pot yet again for this one.  The bonus of using your Crock Pot means your whole house doesn't heat up when you need a dessert or snack in the Spring or Summer

Crock Pot Cinnamon Almonds

Ingredients:
3 cups raw almonds
1 egg white
2 tsp vanilla extract 
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
3 tbsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt

Directions:
Coat crock pot with butter to prevent sticking.  Pour raw almonds in crock pot.  Pour egg white and vanilla over almonds and mix very well until all is coated.  Add sugars, cinnamon, and salt mixing well until everything is coated.

Cook on high for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes until all is hot, sticky, and well cooked.  Transfer the almonds into a bowl or a baking sheet to cool and to prevent overcooking once baking time is complete.

Enjoy!

Also a RYAN DECKER update:

My handsome husband has been out of the country since last week adventuring to the Dominican Republic.  Healing Waters has many sites throughout the country and it was Ryan and his COO's privilege to go down to serve and work.  They took water tests, gathered data, saw the sites, and gained a lot of valuable knowledge to take back to the office and the lab.

In many ways Ryan is totally tired--time change, long days, and hard commutes through developing roads.  But I can hear in his voice a refreshed energy for the work the Lord has called him to!  He's enjoying seeing real live people benefiting from Healing Waters work.  So he'll be home tomorrow afternoon which I  can't wait for!  I was hesitant to post anything on the blog or Facebook blaring that Ryan was out of town for safety and wisdom :)  But more details to come from his trip.

P.S. Anyone else jazzed by THIS news??

Ryan in the DR playing some sweet game with local homies

Oh hey Harpo!  We've been sending Ryan daily photo followings since he's been gone.  We knew he would like this pic!} 

Almost done with the Book of Psalms.  Psalm 31 is some solid reading for me lately

Harp loving his pink, girly toys

My Journey to 1000 Gifts
225. Training at Alternatives and anticipation of being in the counseling room
226. New schedules for Spring
227. Strengths Based Leadership by Tom Rath
228. When my plans don't happen  and I can be productive in other ways
229. EARLY morning Bible Study coaching with two life bringers
230. Little buds appearing on bushes and trees!
231. Forgetting my computer and the Lord pushing me to fully engage instead 

But I trust in you, O Lord;
  I say, “You are my God.”

Psalm 31:14

4 comments:

  1. Ummm...can I please make those almonds ASAP? They look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can you can!! They are so delicious and easy. Do it Linny

      Delete
  2. Carlton! I didn't know he was gone.. and I love the link to the weather!! Lol You're just so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is but not for too much longer!! I'm so proud of him--it's a sacrifice to travel and give up some comforts to work for 14 hours days in a new country. Looking forward to nice weather too :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...