Monday, February 13, 2012

Your Spatula's Dirty Secret

This is by far one of the most random things I've ever posted.  I found out about this not too long ago and have obsessed about it since.

Your spatula is disgusting.

Probably.

You know the plastic ones that you use to scrape batter out of a bowl? (see below)  Well it's a two piece utensil and will gather old food, mold, water, and most likely other junk where it comes apart.

GROOOOSSSSSS!!!!!!!

So here is my two step process to cleaning out yuck and boosting your food and kitchen health:

Step 1: Remove top flexible piece by pulling off of handle; mine took a little force the first time.


Step 2: Proceed to clean the handle and the flexible part where the spatula handle inserts into the scraper with hot/soapy water!


Another option is to pull it apart after each use and stick it in the dishwasher dis-assembled.

You can thank me later when you don't have moldy utensils filling up your drawer!  I love knowing this now, who knows why...  So are there any other secretive things I should know about kitchen cleanliness you have ever learned?

My Journey to 1000 Gifts:
107. Healthy Meals with friends
108. Vegetarian "non-vegetarians"
109. Harpo babysitter
110. Orchid re-blooming
111. Piles of Bibles for small group
112. Full days of campus ministry
113. Reconciliation

I will bring that group through the fire and make them pure. I will refine them like silver and purify them like gold. They will call on my name, and I will answer them. I will say, ‘These are my people,’ and they will say, ‘The LORD is our God.’”

Zechariah 13:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...