Friday, February 10, 2012

Getting Creative!

Ok how dang sweet is the Lord to give us minds, eyes, hands, and thought processes to create?! I just think He is the coolest for giving us the ability to think, process, critique, and invent.

The word create is ALL over Genesis just for starters. God created the Earth, oceans, animals, plants, insects, time, weather, the heavens, and the people (Gen 1:1-2:3). I really dig about this characteristic of the Lord; it is so amazing that He invents, uniquely designs, and thinks critically.

God is the epitome of creative and since we are made in His image I'm beyond giddy to see that trait pouring out into us, His people. We can create songs, delicious food, beautiful paintings, arrange furniture to look nice, sew/knit/crochet, build things with power tools, and the list goes on and on! And the best part is it all reflects the heart of our Creator and shows off who He is!

So here is what I am creating lately: a home-sewn water bottle holder out of vibrant fabric brought home from Africa, a new mantel, and a swanky new home office!


{New birthday present!}


{First ever homemade project--a water bottle holder! Sorry for the wonky picture}

{Random new fireplace mantel to spruce things up}


{Before Office Picture = Mess, junk, disorganization}


{After Office Picture = Clean, organized, classy!}

Oh and look at what Husband has been up to!  He is getting all creative too and making bike racks.  Seriously, our garage is SO organized.  It's the best looking garage I know.

 {Ryan and his manly tools}

 {The beginning phases of his bike racks!  They are even cooler now}

{Measuring, balancing, cutting.  What a stud.}


My Journey to 1000 Gifts
102. Creating
103. Genesis 1:1
104. The feeling of really enjoying life
105. January wind
106. Encouraging texts

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Psalm 51:10

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe you've used your sewing machine already I haven't even opened mine!! But I want too!
    Ryan and Ty could compare garages to see who has the most organized garage...so manly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only practiced a few times but I really enjoy sewing--especially with a machine!! Do you have some cute fabric yet Anna? Sign up on-line at Joann's for coupons--they always send me great ones. I'm looking forward to our sewing day later this month tho!!

      Next time you guys are over Ryan will have to take Tyler on a little garage tour! See you all Sunday :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...