Friday, February 24, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Tikka Masala

For the love of everything we have ever made this recipe is at the top of the charts for the incredible taste, pre-serving aromas, and healthfulness!

Like I mentioned a few posts ago crock pots are the bomb!  Where have they been all my life??  Seriously, you throw everything into one pot, turn it on, leave for the day, and come home to diner.  I am just swooning over the crock!

So I adventured into Indian cuisine this last Monday for our small group.  I am convinced that the Lord uses food to connect people and it serves at the nexus of bonding many times.  Jesus fed people all the time in the gospels (Mark 8 and Matthew 14) so it must serve as a foundational need and blessing.  I'm convinced it's a superb way to love on people people and share our love of health by cooking good stuff!  And Chicken Tikka Masala seemed to do just that:

Crock Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
Serves 7-8

Ingredients:
3-4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 onions, chopped
2 15 oz cans diced tomatoes
4 cloves garlic, chopped
7 tsp Garam Masala seasoning (taste and see if it needs more!0
Dash of salt & pepper
1/2 cup of Half & Half or Milk
3 cups of rice, cooked

Directions:
Place chopped onions, garlic, diced tomatoes, and spices into crock pot. Stir well.  Place chicken thighs on top of vegetables, place lid on crock, and turn to low for 7-8 hours or 2-4 hours on high for a quicker meal.

Once the chicken is fully cooked (basically falling apart and white all the way through), pour in half & half or milk into chicken mixture right before serving! Serve over cooked rice.

Serving Suggestion:
We ordered garlic naan from the local Little India and served it with our dish!  So yummy!  And we also sprinkled fresh cilantro over the chicken to add a little zest. 

{Tomatoes, onion, garlic-bright and so delicious!} 

{Raw chicken on top-not so pretty however...} 

{The assembled dish.  I wish there was a scratch and sniff feature on the computer. AMAZING!} 

 {Buffet line for the Indian goodies!} 

And finally my friend Rachelle brought be these flowers as a little surprise!  She works at a fun place called The Perfect Petal and these were the leftovers from the store's cooler.  How gorgeous are those flowers with the backdrop of the colors in the photographs we have on the wall?!

{Gorgeous flowers to enjoy this morning during breakfast}


My Journey to 1000 Gifts:
167. Date nights
168. Lots of appetizers to make a meal
169. Processing
170. Realizing patterns to change
171. Letting Christ change my default
172. My husband's leadership in finances
173. Harpo wooing the ladies
174. Sound of my washer easing my life
175. Protection of a light working in our garage
176. Excitement for exercise soon
177. Birthday dinners in March
178. My mom being able to retire
The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land.
Song of Solomon 2:12


I'm so glad you're here!  I hope you're encouraged by what you read and spurred on to pursue the heart of God.  To make sure you don't miss anything join us over on the sidebar or add our button to your page.  Be blessed!

7 comments:

  1. Trying this! Is it half a CUP of half and half, or...?

    Your recipe posts are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes yes 1/2 CUP of half and half is what I used. diana this is seriously so authentic which is hard to do with indian food :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starting it RIGHT NOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go Diana!! I hope you like it, we are planning on making it again sometime next week, we were so happy with it :) Let me know how it turns out

      Delete
  4. Excellent! Highly approved by both of my guys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo!! Diana you should start a blog :) I'm glad you all liked it-isn't it just the easiest dish with all the best flavors? So encouraged by you!

      Delete
  5. You are the very sweetest, Carly!

    I will try all your recipes :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...