Monday, January 2, 2012

Thankfulness Goal

I have a New Year's GOAL. Not a resolution, they are not the same in my opinion. A goal is a God-given task of enthusiasm to bring glory to His name (my definition anyway). Now THAT is how I want to start my New Year.

This goal sparked because of one of my absolute favorite women: Ann Voskamp, author of One Thousand Gifts and blogger of aholyexperience.com. She is a wise, godly woman with a gift to write; her thoughts are shared daily on the blog and they will always bring encouragement and life. Check it!

The book challenges us to live fully right where we are, appreciating and recording both the ordinary and most holy of gifts. And true to the title of her book, her desire is for you to journey to 1000 gifts and beyond!

My goal in 2012 is to be a more thankful human, hungry to find Jesus in every situation and quick with praise from my mouth. I will be recording here the sweetest, most simple, most extravagant of blessings at the end of the posts. Happy New Year and happy journeying to your newest goals for the coming 365 days.

My journey to 1000 Gifts...
1. Challenges to step outside myself
2. The gift of thankfulness
3. Big soft hotel beds
4. Organic hazelnut coffee creamer
5. Quiet time in the books of 1 Kings and James
6. Flirty texts to my husband
7. Conference speakers who break the mold
8. Mornings
9. Early solo yoga
10. Renewed mercies every morning

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

Colossians 3:15-17

holy experience


2 comments:

  1. Love that you are recording your 1000 gifts Carly!

    :)Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks bekah! i'm pumped for it. The number seems like so much (at first) and but then i know 1000 won't be nearly enough to cover every amazing detail that God lavishes on us :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...