Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dirty Rags

Do you ever read those rockstar blogs where everything posted always looking so snazzy and shiny? The adorable clothes are homemade, something delicious is always being whipped up, and things are super tidy all the time?!

I admire them and secretly wish I lived like that but the truth is but I am HOT MESS!! (they probably say the same about themselves but just publish the good stuff :)) So in honor of imperfection welcome to a messy week at the Deckers:


{To your right you'll notice the dirty sink and gross dishes)

{Well hello Ryan's underwear, laundry that should be put away, random junk everywhere.}

{Sometimes THIS is how I feel when the week is just sloppy and I''m falling behind}

The Lord caused me to think today with laundry on my counter tops, open bags of food in my kitchen, used tablecloths thrown wherever, and dirty dishes filling my sink how well He loves me in my imperfection.

What if I had to have it all together to get Him to notice me??? Or my life had to be perfect to have a relationship with him?? What a lie! How often though do women especially believe that they can't show God (or anyone) their junky-mess because it seems like everyone else has it together? Well thank the baby Jesus, God does not operate that way at all. Actually the opposite.

Some encouragement I'm leaning on includes these two verses...

He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy...

Titus 3:5

We have all become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment.

Isaiah 64:6 (A)

My BEST moments/productions are considered as FILTHY RAGS (KJV) to God. That just makes me love the Lord more. He says I dig YOU and not what you produce, not what you can accomplish. He has the perfect thing covered. It seems what He really values (after His own glory) is just simply us; no homemade cookies or perfect attitudes required.

So if you're having a messy week, or month, or LIFE, take heart that you are not the only one. We're messy people and the Lord says it's all good. Just come to Him. It takes a HOLY God to love us where we are at and be willing to send a sweet guy by the name of Jesus to fill in where will always lack.

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

1 John 4:18

P.S. Check out the new recipe tab just added yesterday!

8 comments:

  1. love this... i have had one of those weeks too! Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hannah i wrote this a few days ago and scheduled it to post today...and then today was the MESSIEST of the messy. messy house, messy schedule, messy brain. i am so grateful that the Lord takes us as we are. have the best week lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I hope it's a source of encouragement! I know I don't have it all together and I take heart when I meet real women who can openly admit that they just need Jesus.

      Delete
  4. This is probably one of my favorite blog posts ever! Too often I spend countless hours reading blogs of people I am sure are perfect in every way, which just leads me to feel like I should be better in every which way. And you are so right about only putting your "good" stuff on blogs. I mean who really writes about the mess?? So, loved the encouragement you amazing sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna, that really encourages me to be more vulnerable with "my mess" on this blog and in life. Satan is such a big fat liar for saying we have to be perfect or luring us into the comparison game. Truly, Jesus just asks us to stop trying to keep all the rules and just focus our eyes on relationship with Him.

      Thanks for loving Jesus Anna, I'm excited to keep doing life together!

      Delete
  5. I love this post! Thanks for your vulnerability. This is a tough area for me because I'm a perfectionist. I appreciate the reminder that even my very best is as filthy rags and is worthless apart from the righteousness of our sweet Jesus. It's not what we do, but who we trust! Thanks!
    I'm a new follower from Mary @ Woman to Woman and I'd like to invite you for a visit!
    www.marywomantowoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So fun to have you here Mary!!! I can totally relate with you about the perfectionist tendencies. Thank goodness, Jesus is worth more and our true treasure--not our ability to produce something!

      Come for a visit now at your site!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...