Thursday, January 5, 2012

Crazy Person Color Crave

January makes me crave color like a mad person! Outside everything is brown, white or gray.

Blah blah blah.

It's always this time of year that feels dreary and dark with the late sunrises and early night falls. But not in the Decker house!

Right about now I am NEEDING pops of color to make it to April! So I've been finding and creating bright pops around our house. It illuminates the whole place It's all simple and beautiful; light a candle or two, put on my African music, pour a cup of coffee and the day warms right up.

{Our cheery winter fireplace}

{Pig planter with gorgeous prickly plants!}




{Not a color-related pic. Look at that super professional trim job my husband did! Excuse the dirty fingerprints.}

{Ryan informed me that this is his new "garage hat"...ha!}

My Journey to 1000 Gifts
17. Convenience of internet
18. Hues, shades, and tints of COLOR
19. Realization of my distracted heart-Romans 7
20. Avocado scooped out with almond nut thins
21. My swatch!
22. A godly, humble, hilarious, loving, husband
23. The Hibernator from Steuben's on 17th
24. Belated Christmas plans
25. Sweet new babies in staff meetings
26. Lazy afternoons in Golden and libraries
27. Organization tools and calendars

Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

Romans 7:25

2 comments:

  1. I recognize those candle sticks! I bought some for Connie for Christmas. Skimmer from IKEA! Nice choice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey that was a very classy buy. Way to be a thoughtful husband! P.S. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...