Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012: Famous Flash Tebow-ers

Ryan and I rang in 2012 with no electricity thanks to the (tornado?) strong winds yesterday! So the evening was extremely relaxing but chilly for us, ha! My amazing directors allowed me to the night off so I drove right down to Golden to hang with my hubs over dinner and late night talks. We actually were thankful for the loss of power to eliminate distraction so we could connect and be together.

While I was away from work the DCC conference back in Denver was up to some CRAZY stuff! 1200 students organized themselves on the 16th Street mall and flash mobbed! They flash "Tebowed"...ALL 1200 of them!!!!!! How sweet is that? I'm so encouraged by boldness that these college students have and their extreme, unashamed love of Jesus. They even made the news!! After the flash mob, they initiated conversations about faith on the 16th Street mall and shared the gospel literally hundreds of times. I'm so amazed at God's tendency to use the least expected to His glory on New Year's Eve no less. What a radical, unique God we get to serve.

Happy 2012 and New Years Day! We pray this one is full of boldness, joy, and the sweetest joy of know Christ face to face.

{1200 students worshiping all night on New Year's Eve}

{One group of the Flash Tebow-ing group on 16th Street frozen in this position for 60 seconds}

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

2 Corinthians 5:17


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...