Friday, December 2, 2011

2 Minute Wisdom

A wise woman who is coaching me through new staff training shared a daily exercise that she has done for years. Pretty committed right? It must be good or helpful or something!

Here is what she does: Read one Proverb per day in coordination with the calendar date. For example, I read Proverbs 2 today. Ryan and I have both been doing this separately in our quiet times and we've been surprised how often we can apply what we took in that morning.

I don't know where I read this so I can't take the credit but in the margin of my Bible I have written, "Wisdom is the hunger of the heart". Seeing that to be true the more we immerse ourselves in this book! Give it a shot, it's super simple and a 2-3 minute commitment each day that will transform.

...Yes, if you call out for insight
and raise your voice for understanding,
if you seek it like silver
and search for it as for hidden treasures,
then you will understand the fear of the LORD
and find the knowledge of God.
For the LORD gives wisdom;
from his mouth come knowledge and understanding;...

Proverbs 2:3-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...