Saturday, November 5, 2011

What I Have...Is Not About Me

We have been given SO incredibly and abundantly much! Our resources seem endless to me sometimes and what we have is overflowing. Have you ever just thought about all the resources entrusted to you? Here are a few of mine and it rocks my world...

-Time
-Money
-A job
-Friendships and joyful relationships
-A full pantry/fridge
-A home
-Driver's license
-A car
-A godly husband and marriage
-A college education
-Knowledge
-Spiritual gifts
-Health and energy


But here is what is so unique about all of it: it is ALL about Him! It has nothing to do with me, whether I was given more or God took it all away. Whatever I have or know or do, any resource, is a gift from the Lord intended to behold Him and give Him more glory.

My challenge is to intentionally think about how to use these resources to point back to God more often. The Lord asks of us generosity and to hold what we have with open hands (Hebrews 13:5). Doing so puts more trust in God than the material stuff we have or relying on our own abilities like education, a job, or a relationship for example.

I find it difficult to hold any of the resources listed above open handed most of the times. My temptation is to believe that I earned these or that perhaps I even deserve them and should hold them selfishly. The real truth is that God is in charge of it all and He did so on purpose to draw us more closely to Him and to know the Giver of these blessing more intimately.

I'm excited to see this November how God will change me, loosen my grips on the resources I currently have, and make what I do have all about Him!!

You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to God.

2 Corinthians 9:11

They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share...

1 Timothy 6:18

Beholding Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...