Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Traveling...Is Not About Me

I am totally thrilled by the excitement and newness of travel. But guess what? Even that is not about me!

This time last year we were in China and our hearts grew tremendously for that country. We have several good friends from China which is a sweet personal connection but add on the mountains, openness to Jesus, and exciting culture and we were hooked!

{The view from our hotel room Nov 2010}

{Ry and I in front of the the sweet mountains...like Avatar no?}

The reason this topic came up is because we are on another adventure in about 3 weeks. We are PUMPED to travel to South Asia for a DenverCru trip next month. I am already anticipating everything that traveling brings. A chance to serve, the ability to know a new place, connections with new friends, comfort challenges, exposed weaknesses, and definitely travel hiccups that inevitably happen in international travel.

Travel is not about me because the Lord's heart is for the nations and he thought of it first:

"The LORD has made known his salvation; he has revealed his righteousness in the sight of the nations." (Psalm 98:2)

He loves when we can travel to gain a wider perspective of his vast love and how unique His creation is beyond familiar borders. He also commands travel to people in relationship with Him:
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit..." (Matthew 28:19)

That is so cool to me! I'm grateful for something like travel that could so quickly become about me but thankfully is easily pointed back to God. It is about Him because He loves the world, God is totally adventurous and wild so He sends us out, and there is much to learn in new places. It stirs me up and gives me a new reliance on the Lord!

{Picture from a previous trip to Asia from another Cru staffer}




But I will for their sake remember the covenant with their forefathers, whom I brought out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the nations, that I might be their God: I am the LORD.

Leviticus 26:45

Beholding Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...