Monday, July 18, 2011

Favorite Pictures of the Week

Just wanted to share a few of my favorite pictures from the week...


Quiet Time Essentials: My mornings are typically spent from 6:00-7:00 am with the Lord. This picture covers all the essentials: COFFEE, Bible, blue pen, journal, maybe a Bible Study, and a concordance. This is my absolute favorite time of the day and the reason I dig the morn.


We have veggies coming out of our ears so this would be the makings of a vegetable/rice soup. I got a nasty stomach bug Sunday night so I'm laying off veggies for a few days. But it was still fun and crazy easy to make this soup plus we used up some random stuff!


Take a load of this weird-o! What the heck is it?! That would be Kohlrabi, a German turnip. It's a great source of Vitamin C, fiber, potassium and is low in fat (duh!). We got two of these bad boys in our farm share this week and mostly I didn't even want to touch it. However I found a recipe for Roasted Kohlrabi that includes Parmesan cheese, garlic and olive oil. I have some faith in this freaky vegetable...


And those would be a glorious half dozen of Grant Family Farm eggs. They threw in a free dozen last week! They are HUGE, have bright orange yolks and so delicious. I told Ryan I was hoping a chick lived inside one of them but alas, there was no chick. Come thou chicken coop of the possible Golden house.

Let the sea and everything in it shout his praise! Let the fields and their crops burst out with joy!

1 Chronicles 16:32


2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...stomach bug? Do you mean a cousin for dear chunky Rilyn? Just asking....oh and I totally owed you that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna Decker!!!

    All that comment was missing was a "Boom Roasted" hahaha! Just laughed out loud at how naughty you are! Good thing I love you.

    No cousin for Rilyn yet...I hope anyway!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...