Sunday, June 19, 2011

Natural Medicine Cabinet

For some of you who don't know I really dig anything natural, health-oriented and organic. You have to be careful to research legitimate brands and products but when you find those you are happy with, the benefits are amazing!

People often ask us if we eat healthy or take supplements to live longer. The answer is no. We eat healthy and take care of our bodies now to #1 honor the temples God has given us (1 Cor. 6:19) and #2 to have a high quality of life today! We understand we are not ultimately in control of our health or life (Psalm 39:4) but we feel strongly about being a good steward of anything we have been given.

So this post is to give you just a glimpse into our "medicine" cabinet that we use almost daily. (I left off our daily vitamin regime-perhaps another post...). It is full of good, affordable stuff that will keep your body truly healthy.

Barlean's Greens: This stuff will rock your world! It is full of greens, sea food vegetables, vitamins, minerals and everything good your body needs. We mix ours with Organic Applesauce.

We dig these Fish Oil supplements because they are a lot easier than swallowing fish oil-ick! Our bodies don't make Omega 3's so this is a good way to get what you need from an outside source. Keeps our joints, skin, hair, nails, cardiovascular system, and mind top notch.


What isn't peppermint tea good for? Digestion, stomach aches, easing respiratory congestion, and relieving headaches. It's Ryan's favorite anytime though.

Use some of those other name brands for headache remedies? White Willow supplements are a cheap and safe alternative that cure any minor headache we get.


Tea Tree Oil is our go to for disinfecting cuts and scrapes, putting in humidifiers when we have trouble breathing, or dabbing it on acne or bug bites. I love this oil for all household cleaning too.
Arnica in a cream form like this is amazing for PMS cramps (we are both thankful for it then!) and for any type of sore or swollen muscle. After a hard workout we rub this business into our calves or on our shoulders for relief.


This itty bitty picture is a bottle of Probiotics by Nature's Way. Each little pill contains 6+ billion friendly bacteria to aid digestion, fuel your immune system, stop infections all over your body, and increase intestinal health.

Finally, this book is my absolute favorite in natural cures and remedies. I think the authors are believers based on their writing, cool! This book talks about everything from boils to sprains, headaches to cancer. It doesn't substitute sometimes necessary medical care but I like being able to take care of myself and loved ones with this information. High recommended!

My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,but God remains the strength of my heart;he is mine forever.

Psalm 73:26

None of these companies or brands even know I exist so I am promoting them by my own experience and preference. I am not a medicinal expert nor do I claim to be. I better not get any law suits because of your dumb mistake. No funny business people!! Enjoy these products and let me know what has worked for you in the way of health.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...