Friday, March 4, 2011

Spring has {nearly} Sprung!

It must be March because I can feel SPRING just around the corner. Oh spring how I love thee! I am trying to fill our apartment with everything green and colorful these days to encourage this sweet season to get here! The days of early morning coffee on the back porch, evening bike rides, and lots of fresh seasonal vegetables is on the horizon!

Unfortunately the cloak of night covers these pictures because I just couldn't contain my excitement to snap some pics of these beauties!



{Oh lawdy check out those colors!}



{Our new plant friend who originated in South Africa. We named him Martin Luther.}


{Ah, Mandella the Fern. He's a stunner, no?}


Not the greatest quality but we turned what used to be an dreary gray window into a vibrant yellow chalkboard. It normally does not have flowers on it...the man of the house probably wouldn't appreciate such fancy shinanigans! Yet my little heart does pine for real flowers and splashes of yellow in the great outdoors! For now I will settle for cozy house plants and colorful carrot soup to get me through the last sleepy days of winter.


If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. ~Nadine Stair

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...