Tuesday, February 22, 2011

January/February Whereabouts

We're back in the blogging world! We get free (read: sketchy) Internet at our house that we pick up randomly if we're lucky so when it's out, so are we. So enjoy this Decker update!

Ryan is busy at work but loving what he is blessed to be doing! He does an amazing job balancing work, being a husband, and loving on people all week. Right now Healing Waters has him working on designing a new bottle washing system; the designs are incredible and take hours of preparations. On top of that he is also getting ready to send out water quality test kits to partners in El Salvador. Work is nice but it's the weekend that we dig! Our goal is to spend every weekend out in the mountains hiking or snowshoeing and especially we try to get Ry on that swanky new bike of his!
{What a swoony husband I have!!}

I have been busy with school and wishing for graduation to show up. Being a student is time consuming but I still have hours free each week that would jive well with a part-time job...So I start work at a yoga studio Friday! For now I will be doing administrative work. Bonus: free yoga (score!) and a discount on yoga teacher certification!! We are praying right now about pursuing my yoga teacher certification but in a way that emphasizes the incredible physical/wellness aspect of yoga and not some crazy stuff like connecting to the Earth or bowing down to the sun. Overall we are busy, blessed and glad that the Lord brought us to Lakewood.

Enjoy these photos with more to come in the next few days!

Our first snow after months of hot, dry desert! Beautiful! What a view eh?

Carly's 22nd Birthday Celebration

The generous Nelson Parent's who took us to Rodizio Grill to celebrate!

The Careys playing 'Wise or Otherwise" with us after a home-cooked dinner
{Tamara hard at work}
{Chris deep in thought}
{Ryan thinking so hard}

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.
Psalm 28:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...