Saturday, January 1, 2011

2012

Ideas for 2012 living have been brewing for several weeks in my brain. But I'm not a big fan of the typical "resolutions"-they seem so set in stone and no room for error. Yuck.

But Goals...now that is where it's at!

goal (my definition); a God-inspired plan to passionately labor for with the resolve to offer yourself plenty of grace along the way

So here are my two 2012 Goals. And since they are shared here with all of you...it's official!

1. For 365 days choose to live out of appreciation for the blessings around me. Quite honestly, excess, surrounds me. So my challenge is to go 1 year without the purchase of anything new. AHHH!!! Hoping this fosters creativity, recycling, and simplicity. Is this crazy talk? Yes. Will I regret this later? Maybe...but it's not impossible. (The only exception to this is buying items to create a gift-fabric, buttons, wax, thread, etc).

2. Right along the same lines, it is my hope in 2012 to record and share over 1000 gifts. Have you heard of Ann Voskamp? She wrote a book titled one thousand gifts "daring you to live right where you are". She invites us to live with eyes wide open and record our own journey to 1000 gifts. I will be sharing them here and cannot wait to become more aware of the simplest and most extravagant of gifts from the Lord!




So those are the two simple goals. I hope this time next year I can say it drew me closer to who God is. I feel so encouraged and led into these decisions. Not every post is about goals but still looking forward to sharing the journey with our blogging community (yes, YOU Casey!).

Did you set up any 2012 goals?

Happy New Year Friends and Family!

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...