Friday, November 26, 2010

Ambulance Ride

Ryan took his first ambulance ride last night. He has a badly sprained ankle but he is doing well otherwise. We both went to the gym last night to work out and about 20 minutes later one of the gym employees came and notified me that "my husband was very injured". Turns out he was playing 1 on 1 with his good friend Mark and landed wrong on his ankle. He heard a pop which is never a good thing so they called the ambulance and rushed him to the on-campus clinic. After x-rays and ice it turns out he sprained it.

The whole story (because we are in Saudi Arabia after all) would not be complete without some hilarious and ridiculous moment happening in the midst of all this. SO...as it turns out the clinic does not adequately supply crutches for a man that is 6'2". Instead they handed Ryan two small hand crutches that were literally meant for a 9 year old child. It was RIDICULOUS seeing him try to use these. I did have to get a little fired up to request a wheelchair at least to get him to the curb! Oh Saudi Arabia...

For now Ryan is resting, icing, elevating and loves being babied. I think he will be just fine, especially on his tiny crutches.

1 comment:

  1. First off...Ryan is not 6'2''.

    Second off...that he went to the hospital for a sprained ankle only confirms my suspicions about the type of athlete he is.

    Then I remembered he was a soccer player and I remembered why he is that way.

    I only wish I could be there as I walked toward him with menace in my eyes as he said "Tyler...No....Tyler...Don't".

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...